Mk4 Ibiza 1.4, Comic Book headlining, DIY wheel refurb

Mark_Karting

Mar 3, 2012
Near Glasgow, Scotland
My 18th birthday present from my Grandma and my late Grandpa.

Mk4 Ibiza 1.4 Sport, 85bhp as far as I know. Will be kept relatively standard for now, some minor cosmetic mods maybe. However pending work in the summer I will be throwing money at the car and going lower and wider.

Crappy iPod pic to start, will get some better ones up soon.

429287_367262043295037_100000337325420_1249556_1365775989_n.jpg

She will be given a baptism of fire on Sunday. In the company of 10 Porsches, a couple of M cars, some Lotuses, a TVR, a Westfield, a Ferrari F430 and a Lambo Gallardo Superleggera! on a run through the Scottish lowlands. Will post pics from the day and report back on how it matches up :p

Last edited:

milburnj

Nov 21, 2009
This sounds good to me, pop some ideas up keep us all in the loop look froward to seeing your progress.

and of course welcome ! :clap:

Mark_Karting

Mar 3, 2012
Near Glasgow, Scotland
Ideas so far are the pretty general FR grills, wrap part of the front bumper and splitter etc, probably going euro'd.

Of course a set of coils, wheels wise i'm leaning towards a set of Porsche Turbo Twists.

This is all subject to change however as I'm picky and indecisive. The Ibiza was probably the 20th different car I looked at, everything from C2 VTS's to MGB's!! After owning it a matter of hours though I love it, really sharp steering and throaty wee engine noise.

Wish I could get started now but with a lads holiday planned and being a student money is tight to say the least. I'll keep this updated with any trips I end up on and with the ideas floating around in my head until I can get started. Can't wait :D

Mark_Karting

Mar 3, 2012
Near Glasgow, Scotland
Had the car 5 days and done about 340 miles! Took it on a run through the Scottish countryside with some very tasty metal.

It performed brilliantly and there were no issues bar some massively over heated brakes (the wheel was actually hot!!) after running with a 997 GT3 over a moor.

Got to test the car against one of my mates in a car I could of bought, a Suzuki Swift Sport. I was beaten on the straights, he does have 40 more horsepower, however they were evenly matched through the bends. Although that might of been the driver [B)]

I'll add some pics of the car to the OP and get some of today up :)

Last edited:

Avim28

Oct 24, 2010
Manchester, UK
Welcome mate! First things First.... Excellent choice of colour!! :D i think your the only other person with the same blue Ibiza iv seen on here! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Mark_Karting

Mar 3, 2012
Near Glasgow, Scotland
Thanks, I just knew the car was a dark blue. I bought it in the dark! It is a gorgeous shade though, although some paintwork will need tidying :p

A higher quality one of the car cleaned and ready for the run.
16jlu77.jpg

and some from today
290sop1.jpg

35k2vf9.jpg

v3f7s3.jpg

ieqf85.jpg

2j463vc.jpg

12304k4.jpg

and the public link to the whole FB album:
http://tiny.cc/0f10aw

as a bonus, the mods started off this weekend. Small but its a start. I stickerbombed the lower centre console, I'll be doing the rest of the console surround and the vents if I like it :)

425715_368333423187899_100000337325420_1252643_229074407_n.jpg

EDIT: Sorry the pics are huge, didnt realise when I was uploading :)

Last edited:

blackmagicibiza

black magic ibiza :D
May 18, 2010
suffolk
Welcome, car look in very good condition, my mum has the 1.4 sport and I really like the sound of the exhaust compared to my little 1.2 lol.

Had the car 5 days and done about 340 miles!

I know what that's like lol. When I first got my car the dealer put a full tank of full in it, so me being me drove it here there and everywhere coz all I could think of was that I didn't pay for the fuel, completely forgetting I will need to put more in it lol. I think I managed around 500 miles in the first week of owning the car.

Look forward to seeing the progress :)

Mark_Karting

Mar 3, 2012
Near Glasgow, Scotland
Thanks :) I do like the noise, to me it kind of burbles like a Subaru, but I'm a bit weird :p

The high mileage wouldnt be a problem if it wasnt limited to 6k a year. So thats roughly 70% of my monthly mileage in 5 days! Fortunately the tracker for the mileage doesnt go in until next week.

I'll need to calm it down from then because its going to Middlesbrough in May, a few trips in summer then E38 hopefully :D

On the mods front, I have a set of LED sidelights on order and some SCN stickers came in today so I will update when they are fitted/stuck. I've also got a set of wheels from a mate that he's going to give me first refusal on when I have enough money after returning from Malia in the summer, hopefully unscathed!

Mark_Karting

Mar 3, 2012
Near Glasgow, Scotland
Small update today, fitted some LED sidelights and got some SCN stickers, along with another sticker for the back. Much prefer the look of the LED's to the standard lights

Sorry for the picture quality, all taken quickly on my iPod, need to invest in a new camera!

The LED's, daylight comparison wasnt best idea :p
093.jpg

096.jpg

Stickers
094.jpg

095.jpg

and one final shot for the hell of it
097.jpg

t.oldaker

SFS Performance Hoses Rep
Jul 5, 2011
Bournemouth
www.facebook.com
I have this vision of this sat on its arse with some wide rims on stretches with the lips of the wheels stickerbombed aswell..... Will keep an eye on this to see where it goes though :)

Mark_Karting

Mar 3, 2012
Near Glasgow, Scotland
I have this vision of this sat on its arse with some wide rims on stretches with the lips of the wheels stickerbombed aswell..... Will keep an eye on this to see where it goes though :)

Me too, believe me! I cant wait until I have a bit more money and I can get to work.

Wheels will be 17"x7 Turbo Twists, in black. My mate has a set lying in his garage and I have sourced a set of tyres for not very much at all (2 figures for all 4 and they aren't budgets!!).

I would love to do something completely different with the wheels and go for a 8" and 9" staggered set up. I might have a trick up my sleeve when it comes to that, I do have quite loud and mad taste too so watch this space ;)

Last edited:

Mark_Karting

Mar 3, 2012
Near Glasgow, Scotland
I change my mind more than most woman!! 'Re-bombed' the badge, but ive done a much better job of it this time.

003.jpg

Ordered some Lamin-x to tint the rear lights and the fogs too.

Got some money free'd up from a student loan and I'm considering getting some springs to drop it a wee bit before I can go all out and fit the coils. However I dont know if it would be worth it for a few months. Anyone reccommend any specific kind? I'd like to spend about £100, but will spend a bit more (just need to not drink for a week or 2!)

MaguireJ7

Oct 28, 2011
Lurgan Northern Irelan
I'd say you could pick a set of coilovers up for around £200.. would be worth spending that rather than wasting a hundred on springs. I bought Fk Street ones for my Leon that were only £220 and if your only really interested in going low theres not much point in spending any more. I had APs in my fiesta before which cost near £600 and when screwed right down the ride was horrendous.

Mark_Karting

Mar 3, 2012
Near Glasgow, Scotland
It would make sense, no matter what I do its going to add to the insurance. I hadnt factored that in meaning I cant really afford anything right now. The money I have is a start though. My mate has a set of FK's on his Corsa, the ride is hard but not bouncy like you can get with budget coils, will look into them. It's not a track ready weapon, so no need to spend £500ish really, just want it low :p

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Tidy wee first car you've got there! Mines was an astra that broke down all the time lol. Where in glasgow you from, i work all around glasgow?

Mark_Karting

Mar 3, 2012
Near Glasgow, Scotland
How would I go about removing the adhesives from the number plate? Same as any other sticker (hairdrier and some elbow grease?) they're stickier than I expected.

004.jpg

Other than that, I have a bit of money free'd up which should be spent on the car. So unless I accidentally spend it when I take it up to Aberdeen for a few nights out with some mates the mods list should go like this:

Wrap behind numberplate and lower bumper black
Lamin-x Subtle tint on rear, and side repeaters
Either the Subtle tint or some Blue Lamin-x to do the fogs
Pressed Number Plates.

That should give me my modding fix until after my holiday and I can get myself (and my bank balance) really focused on the car :) However I do have a job interview for a 2nd, higher paying, job. In which case summer plans get brought forward a month and we go to work straight away slamming the 'Beeza, fingers crossed :D