My Emocion Red Leon FR (latest: centre caps)

v0id

Apr 21, 2009
Leeds
Ive been reading this forum for ages and have finally decided to start sharing :) I have a bit of catching up to do so the first few posts will be from the past.

I bought the car 1 year ago. I chose the FR over the Cupra for 2 reasons: Insurance was a factor (age :\) and I wanted the DSG gearbox. The only other criteria I had was it had to be red and it had to be a petrol.

Anyway, heres a pic of the car when I bought it. Very clean example, came with the nicer 18" andromeda wheels. Totally standard and even had the calipers painted red! :funk:

ps3f5.jpg

And heres a picture of it now:

0PEyw.jpg

Im going to try and document everything thats happened in between as well as in the future :)

Last edited:

v0id

Apr 21, 2009
Leeds
First mod was to get the roof and other bits wrapped in gloss black. They didnt have it so went with carbon fibre instead. Went to the cheapest wrapping place I could find (big big mistake) and got the work done.

It looked good for a while...

aKlRo.jpg

Started to peel/crack after a few weeks :( - but still looked fairly decent

o6uRV.jpg

4XF8Z.jpg

af2JW.jpg

Lesson learned: buy cheap buy twice.

Last edited:

v0id

Apr 21, 2009
Leeds
Fast forward a year and the wrap is falling to bits - looks absolutely horrendous.

After doing some research this time.. took it to an excellent wrapper/detailer (pwpro.co.uk - highly recommended :thumbup:) and got him to redo the wrap and detail the car. Also got my wheels powder coated gloss black to go with the new gloss black wrap.

Some pictures of the wrap falling to bits (and the poor roof job):

dELQh.jpg

tSx8A.jpg

DMQNz.jpg

Wrap removed and ready for wash/detail:

0283Y.jpg

Snow foam:

nAN8l.jpg

Swirls being removed (before and after):

tjO9c.jpg

kWrPq.jpg

Exhaust tips being cleaned:

AANWa.jpg

New wrap being applied:

L0ONj.jpg

You can see the difference already (car looks a bit orange due to lights, its actually a deep red):

lW8oe.jpg

End result - complete transformation:

zfHSA.jpg

You can check out the full writeup with more pictures on his website - if you decide to have some work done, tell him I referred you :D

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
looks great I plan to take my car to PWPRO heard really good things about them and some of there work on the website looks superb :)

v0id

Apr 21, 2009
Leeds
thanks guys. today I added FR badges to the front and sides of the car.

sDbpp.jpg

I was thinking Id put them under the side repeaters but wasnt happy with how it looked. I think this looked better (seen this style on an ibiza ages ago).

mDSjs.jpg

Last edited:

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Very nice Void, liking the black alloys :)

I did manage to wrap behind the number plate myself, will def need to get the bottom lip done too

144-1.jpg

And your right about Red being the best colour

001-1.jpg

Last edited:

v0id

Apr 21, 2009
Leeds
cheers mate

youve done a good job on the number plate surround - car looks really good btw :yes:
also liking the FR badges under the side repeaters, nice touch

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Cheers Buddy, it took about 40mins or so to do behind the plate. But i gave up on the bottom lip after trying for about an hour and half lol. There must be a nack to it and i didnt have it.

Cars in for its 4 year service today so an expensive month but i may get the lip done next month, makes a big difference.

v0id

Apr 21, 2009
Leeds
yeah i dont have the patience to do the wrapping myself :p i think the bottom lip involves a lot of tucking underneath the grill so its a bit delicate

i also had my 4 year service done 2 months ago, between that, the exhaust, the wheels and the wrapping I think im pretty much broke for the next year haha

v0id

Apr 21, 2009
Leeds
cleaned the car today - took some photos because it just looked so shiny

X4mXh.jpg

i really need to get it lowered.. looks far too high as standard

ivix8.jpg

gf wasnt too happy with the attention the car was receiving...

8Jt4T.jpg

Krasyy

Dec 7, 2011
Nice rear on her mate .... ;) lol. I'm looking to do something similar to this but without a diffuser more like the R32. Anyone know if it's been done before ?

You mean you would keep the standard FR rear bumper with the standard diffuser? i've got some pics with the standard rears, but with exhaust tips on both sides... you ment this way or something else?

MaguireJ7

Oct 28, 2011
Lurgan Northern Irelan
You mean you would keep the standard FR rear bumper with the standard diffuser? i've got some pics with the standard rears, but with exhaust tips on both sides... you ment this way or something else?

Yeah keep the standard fr bumper .. but with the insert is the same as the original without the added diffuser with the fins. So it would look kind of like this..

3664374458_ae7bd32fbc.jpg

v0id

Apr 21, 2009
Leeds
is it a full milltek exhaust? how much does a cupra r diffuzor costs? is it easy to fit?

its just a catback for now - saving up some $ for the DP and sports cat next

diffuser cost around 200 + painting. i got it fitted at a garage because it involved painting and bonding, neither of which i have a clue about :)

cheers for the comments guys. a few more visual mods coming soon :p

v0id

Apr 21, 2009
Leeds
Yeah keep the standard fr bumper .. but with the insert is the same as the original without the added diffuser with the fins. So it would look kind of like this..

3664374458_ae7bd32fbc.jpg

dont think ive ever seen this done on a cupra.. although you may have an issue because the apron comes with the left-side hole pre-cut.. so you'd have to somehow fill the hole and cut new holes in the middle.. hmm

would look good with the rear btcc bumper though

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.