bixenon owners?

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
When going from main beam to dip does anyone else get a kind of blinding flash as the headlights adjust? It goes straight to main beam no problem. I have had other vag cars, 2007 leon bixenons(afs) and a audi 2007 S3 bixenons (non afs) also have a new mini with bixenons and no flash?
Both lights do it? Anyone else?

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
Contacted seat uk now and they are looking into it.
I took it to my local dealer who agree that it seems to be wrong but need another ibiza the same to compare... Unfortunately that was a month ago and bixenons are rare.
Seat uk are searching for a car now to check.
Its driving me bonkers, the wifes mini goes from main beam/dipped very smoothly. But my ibiza flashes horrible, not to oncoming traffic but in the field of dipped beam like a lightening bolt:help:
I work nights generally or do early start days and travel down 22 miles of twisty roads so am constantly using my lights, hence why I looked for a car with xenons

:think:

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
Well, an update. Car has been in garage for 3 days now and unlikely to get it back today. Dealers service manager took car home to test in the dark and confirmed the flashing/flickering. Seat uk have tried to fob me off a bit saying that they all do it but I have had 3 cars with xenons so said no way. The dealers have done a video and sent to seat and are looking into it still......... Problem is they really need a like for like ibiza with xenons to compare and there is only 1 in the country according to seat?? and thats in bradford jct600:confused: :shrug:

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
I would say very few Ibizas in dealer stock would have Xenons fitted, most with Xenons would be factory orders for customers, as its the kind of option most people couldn't justify paying for.

The majority of Ibizas I see on the roads are 1.2 (not TSI) models that don't even have twin beam headlights!!!

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
Well after 5 days its been and no fix, it`s been in the hands of the factory as seat uk and vw uk who have also been advising.
The factory have eventually got back authorising new lights. Booked in at the end of the month, hopefully will now cure the problem, if not the old lights go back in and some more head scratching:shrug:
I personally think even if the new lights don`t improve things then I will give up........
Tell seat uk/spain that its cured and keep the new lights and live with it,
I reckon it will be the cure though:D fingers crossed:whistle:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise