Really need help.

cupra_r_ick

Jan 29, 2011
no disrespect to nath, but by the time youve posted it both ways, bought parts if any, might not be much cheaper than just getting hold of a second hadn starter and bashing that on. no offence nath

h22_dan..

Mar 18, 2012
Tbh mate have a crack at it yourself , removing a starter motor is basic knowledge , get a Haynes manual and go from there , that way it's cheap and you have gained some more knowledge in it

AshFR

Seat Leon TDi PD150 2005
Mar 10, 2011
Shropshire
photobucket.com
Quick heads up - You should always start your car with the clutch pedal down EVEN if its in Neutral. It takes that bit more load off the engine to spin freely :D

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Dan1720v wrote

Having dealt with the general public, a clicking can often be a relay.

This is a pre-engaging starter, meaning that the relay contacts are part of the pre-engage solenoid, so a clicking means that some power is getting to the starter.

I had a starter problem on my old Toledo, and while it isn't the same as this one the pics I took might be of some help. In my case it was poor contact between the big fat lead from the solenoid to the starter motor itself.

LeonUser

Mar 15, 2012
North West, Cheshire
AshFR: i know now yeah, ive only been learning drive for 4 weeks so im still a noob :D

and im gonna go attempt to take mine off in a minute, if its easy or not? lol

if not then garage can do it :D

Stokie

Mk3 Leon Fr184
May 24, 2010
Stoke
Quick heads up - You should always start your car with the clutch pedal down EVEN if its in Neutral. It takes that bit more load off the engine to spin freely :D

What he said

I always take it out off gear then put the clutch pedal down & then i start the car

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members