exhaust centre silencer removal

jaykicksass

2011 SEAT Leon SE 1.2 tsi
Jun 11, 2009
devon
Hi all, I have a 1.2 tsi and was thinking about cutting out the centre silencer on the exhaust?
Has anyone done this? If so did it make much difference?
I dont want it to be too loud just to make a slight difference without having to fork out £400 odd for a milltek one?

Thanks

Jamie

Sep 17, 2011
I had it done on mine not 1.2 tho and it made a noticeable difference, nice rumble but not over the top. Not sure of difference between engines tho

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
If you cut out the centre silencer you will have a system very similar to a Non-Res system so it will be fine :)

Last edited:

Lambera03

Mar 24, 2013
Liverpool
Hi all, I have a 1.2 tsi and was thinking about cutting out the centre silencer on the exhaust?
Has anyone done this? If so did it make much difference?
I dont want it to be too loud just to make a slight difference without having to fork out £400 odd for a milltek one?

Thanks

Jamie

I got a custom made back box made for my ibiza 1.2 tsi FR about 2 weeks ago and I am really happy may be getting the centre silencer removed also but going to leave it for now let it bed in abit more. only cost me £130 and I get full lifetime warranty.

JC06GAN_K1

it will never be a miltek though it wont make a real noticeable difference as it gets most of the sound baffled in the back box and the only way to get rid of that is to replace the exhaust with a miltek :)

Lambera03

Mar 24, 2013
Liverpool
it will never be a miltek though it wont make a real noticeable difference as it gets most of the sound baffled in the back box and the only way to get rid of that is to replace the exhaust with a miltek :)

Yer that's why i got a back box sounds just as good as a milltek there a rip off anyway.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members