help with 1/4 mile run with k1 stage 2+

k1_tom

Aug 13, 2011
currently running 370bhp with 420lb/ft

have a diff and uprated clutch and fly, anti lift kit and all that but just wondering how you guys get all the power down with minimal wheelspin?

any help is appreciated guys :)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I am nterested to know the mods to get to the claimed 370bhp and 420ft-lb first of all.

Second of all, learn the throttle is not an on off switch, get rid of all un-needed weight and ignore the misconception that reaction time is not part of your 1/4 mile time.

Scottmf

Jul 10, 2010
Leicester
I am nterested to know the mods to get to the claimed 370bhp and 420ft-lb first of all.

Second of all, learn the throttle is not an on off switch, get rid of all un-needed weight and ignore the misconception that reaction time is not part of your 1/4 mile time.

whys it matter? he asked a question about getting power down not if u belive his car is 370bhp.. u allways have something to say about others peoples cars when they have good bhp.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Genuine question as I am interested to know where the 420ft-lbs comes from. The reason is so I can better answer the question as I would expect it would be running a GT2871 or similar to get that kind of torque which means a different method of launch based on different spool point and power delivery.

Now that is cleared up, why bother replying if you have nothing of value to add to the topic?

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.

have a diff and uprated clutch and fly, anti lift kit and all that but just wondering how you guys get all the power down with minimal wheelspin?

It's down to getting the revs right and not giving full throttle straight away.
I managed a 13.93 down at Santapod last year. Now I've got the full Milltek, be good to compare how I do this year.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
:handbags:

Tbh I have to agree with Al , it's relevant otherwise the op would not have stated it in the first place.
No mention of tyres though?

:yes:

I drove my old car and DanGB's car on the same day at the 1/4 mile, and both cars needed driven differently to get the best from them.

Mine was a K04 S2+ Cupra, Dans was a GT2871R 2.0T Leon. My car was 360bhp and 320ft-lbs and Dans closer to 400bhp and 400ft-lbs torque (as you would expect from a bigger turbo car). Both cars had on track tyres, but the launch, time and terminal speeds were all different.

Last edited:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Anthony37 will confirm that a genuine close to 400bhp and 400ft-lb figure is only attainable with WMI when used with a K04 turbo and S2+ code. Revo's own S2+ Leon Cupra K1 with all the correct bolt ons was 360bhp and 340ft-lbs as memory serves.

A K04 spools quicker than a GT2871R and runs out of breath quicker too. Either way, you need to catch the spool point quickly and feed in the power on a K04 S2+ or a GT2871 car without riding the clutch too much, and change up without hitting the limiter. For the best time, do not change up to 5th as the extra gear change slows you down ;).

I ran 12.9's on the 1/4 mile all day in my old car @ 115mph with a S2+ MK2 Leon Cupra without WMI. The extra power and torque in the GT2871R Leon ran mid 13's @ 113mph as memory serves as it was too prone to wheelspin.

Last edited:

StealthInspired

Apr 18, 2011
UK
General observation - 1st and 2nd gear are almost useless when trying for a new land speed record.... at the traffic lights. Personal experience. :)

It's either a case of shifting VERY quickly, or you just rely on the TORQUE, as you work through the gears (referring to a PD170 Mk2 Leon), to get you up to speed.

So thinking of going down the anti-lift kit route myself.

To the opening poster - how about running a set of slicks on the front wheels (or take 2X wheels with you, with slicks fitted, to put on for the 1/4 mile)?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Slick tyres is something I would like to try :yes:.

The best tyres I have found so far have been Toyo R888's.

anthony37

Take No ****!
Jun 21, 2010
Edinburgh

Hi there,

just interested in your modifications you have done to achieve 420lb/ft? Could you tell me what you have done to your car please? Would like to know if I could do something different to my car achieve these figures?

Your help would be appreciated? :)