What did you and your MK2 do today?

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Dan - How does the speed test work? Is it standstill to 1.3 miles and measured speed taken at 1.3 miles?

You get a VBOX in the car, and if you want to do a top speed run, yes you can do a run for the whole length, braking as late as possible, depending on how brave you are.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Inbetween I think! :)
The car was a bit wobbly on some of the braking sessions :D

i'll give you bell later.

Last edited:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Sounds good. I was thinking that some of the top speeds were unusual and probably subject to size and material of the balls in the driving seat based on K04 2.0T Skodas doing over 160mph and comparatively more powerful/faster cars making much lower speeds.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Sounds good. I was thinking that some of the top speeds were unusual and probably subject to size and material of the balls in the driving seat based on K04 2.0T Skodas doing over 160mph and comparatively more powerful/faster cars making much lower speeds.

That was a 2.0T TSI engine, fitted with the apr k04 kit. The TSI yields better power results than the TFSI. not sure what else was done to it.

AndyG_TSi

Nov 1, 2011
East Manchester
filled the car up with 14.96 litres of shell V-power last night to do a direct comparison over this next week to how it performs against standard Asda unleaded.

I was quite surprised - as per the fuelly bar in my Sig, last week I bought 14.96 litres of standard unleaded from Asda (£20 worth) covered 148 miles in the week returning an 'average' of 45 MPG. This was 100% town driving just doing the communte to/from work and pottering about.

I think thats pretty good from a 1.4 TSi

Now going to see if the V-power gives me any more miles from the same volume of fuel.

I will then test it on BP ultimate & then Tesco Momentum 99 and see if there is any difference on the MPG return as i more or less follow the exact same route day in, day out on the daily commute.

tomo467

Had a race with a Audi A3

Had to take the wife to work in Middlesbrough, took it steady on the way in, then opened her up on the way back. Gotta go and pick he up at 10pm yipppeeee:D

May 7, 2011
North East, UK
Got my AP Coilovers fitted and lowered 32mm:

502d0bdb-6da6-755a.jpg

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?srif3m

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Found out what was causing the rattle at the rear of my car when driving on rough roads. Was the mounting bracket for the exhaust on the left hand side where the nuts were loose. Got them both tightened up and now probelm solved :)

Put the diffuser back and waiting for wrap to arrive so can get it looking better :)

adam1811

Stockport - Black 2.0 TDI
Mar 18, 2011
Stockport
Black grill
Replacement aerial
Rear wiper gromit to go over spindle
All arrived this morning from Dave @ Sere's :)

Fitting at the weekend :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise