Washer nozzles blocked ?

halftone

May 15, 2008
Dudley, West Midlands
Ive tried the search, but cant seem to find the answer.

It seems my washer nozzles are blocked, the drivers side sprays out at a trickle, not a "fan" shaped spray, and the passenger side nothing at all comes out.Weve not really had any ice/snow that could have frozen so Im guessing its a blockage.

Im a bit wary of sticking a pin in there incase i break something. A friend suggested removing them and soaking them in warm water or a cillit bang/cleaner type thing ?

Last edited:

halftone

May 15, 2008
Dudley, West Midlands
Removed, soaked in hot soapy water, put back on and still the same.

Even tried blowing through them to see if I could clear whatever was clicking them.

Any other ideas ?

Willsy33

I bent my Wookie!
Dec 20, 2011
The Shire of Leicester
Check the washer bottle for crap that's built up inside. Might be an idea to clean it out (shouldn't be too hard to remove the pumps).

Failing that it could be the pipes themselves that are blocked. Disconnect the jets and get an airline on them to blow any crap out (just be careful and check the connections once you've finished).

I forgot to mention - are the pumps OK? Get someone to pull the lever whilst you listen for the pump. If it sounds like it's dying it might not have enough power to pump the fluid through.

Last edited:

halftone

May 15, 2008
Dudley, West Midlands
Pumps and pipes seem fine, water comes out of them when the jets were removed.

Can pick some new ones up on eBay for about £7, but the part that actually attaches to the pipe is straight, not a 90 degree bend like on mine, will they still fit ?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.