Central locking issues! Please help!

27_craig

Apr 2, 2011
Wiltshire
Hi all, noticed my central locking is playing up today! Basically when I press lock button once, all locks fine. When I press twice within 2 secs it deactivates safe mode as it should. When I press lock button a 3rd time the interior light comes on and only passenger door unlocks, should this happen??? If I press lock again it locks again but interior light stays on but door relocks, what's going on??? Also I've noticed that when I now press unlock once it unlocks drivers and passenger door and boot stays locked when it should only unlock drivers door??? When pressed again it unlocks boot as it should. Anyone else had this and could it be as simple as flat battery in key fob?? Please help, all help much appreciated. Cheers everyone.

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
i managed to lock the keys in ours the other day. put the keys in the ignition, shut the door (with bonnet up) then the doors auto locked..fortunatley i was at home so got the spare key out. also the immboliser/alarm arms after a minute or two regardless of the keys in the igntion/doors open etc wihich is a real pain in tha ass as soon as you get in it alarms, unless you turn the ignition on.. all this never used to happen and im curoius to know if somebodies been playing with vag settings during its services?????

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
unless some1 comes up with a better answer, ie a dodgey sensor/chip or something and altho unlikley its the only answer i can think of. - i s'psose i/we ought to change the battery in the key fob to rule it out first tho.. and thinking about it i dont think i ever have changed the battery since new.. so maybe it is that...

27_craig

Apr 2, 2011
Wiltshire
Ok now I'm confused!! Just been out to my car to check its locked and had a play with locking and its back to normal????? 1 press on lock locks it, 2 presses on lock and it locks and disables deadening, 3 presses on lock and it stays locked! Just as it should. Tried unlocking and 1 press unlocks drivers door only, 2 presses unlocks all doors and boot! How can this be back just like that???? I did wash my car before it started playing up? Any ideas anyone??

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007
i managed to lock the keys in ours the other day. put the keys in the ignition, shut the door (with bonnet up) then the doors auto locked..fortunatley i was at home so got the spare key out. also the immboliser/alarm arms after a minute or two regardless of the keys in the igntion/doors open etc wihich is a real pain in tha ass as soon as you get in it alarms, unless you turn the ignition on.. all this never used to happen and im curoius to know if somebodies been playing with vag settings during its services?????

Thats a easy one,your door micro switch has probably gone so the car doesn't realise your drivers door has been opened.

see if your interior light comes on when you open the door or try leaving your headlights on and open the drivers door,a lights on warning alarm should sound, if it doesn't its the drivers door micro switch which is a common fault.

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
Last edited:

27_craig

Apr 2, 2011
Wiltshire
But it's back to working normally now? Could it only become faulty when something gets wet cos I washed the car before I noticed it was playing up?

Avim28

Oct 24, 2010
Manchester, UK
As far as i know its something to do with the ECU and conveniance module (what that is... i have no idea!) but i started a thread on this a couple days back aswell. gonna get a mate on it this week so il keep u updated if we manage to solve the mystery behind the phantom door locks!

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
Thats a easy one,your door micro switch has probably gone so the car doesn't realise your drivers door has been opened.

see if your interior light comes on when you open the door or try leaving your headlights on and open the drivers door,a lights on warning alarm should sound, if it doesn't its the drivers door micro switch which is a common fault.

so it is, thanks:) where abouts is the switch? cant see anything obvious externally,

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members