Leon FR, lumber support

sk4tec

Mar 8, 2011
Hi guys,

finally picked up my Leon FR '08 2.0T petrol. I'm a bit disappointed with the lumber support. I've got a bad back at the moment.

Turning the lumber support does very little. At first I thought its broken on the driver side so I tried the passenger side and its about the same. Turn the lumber wheel and very little happens - is this normal ?

sk4tec

Mar 8, 2011
I can't post a link as I've not had enough posts.

But I did find this on Google:

McKenzie D Shaped Lumbar Roll

shifimofo

Hi guys,

finally picked up my Leon FR '08 2.0T petrol. I'm a bit disappointed with the lumber support. I've got a bad back at the moment.

Turning the lumber support does very little. At first I thought its broken on the driver side so I tried the passenger side and its about the same. Turn the lumber wheel and very little happens - is this normal ?

Dare I say you'll get used to it? I've had my FR for nearly two months now and I couldn't find a comfortable seating position at all. I'd taken the stance that the previous owner had "moulded" themselves into the seats and I just needed to work my body shape into them.. I'm happy now with longer trips and I find them so much more comfortable than I did when I initially picked it up!

Give it time!

sk4tec

Mar 8, 2011
Hi Shifimofo - i think you've summed up where I am. I can't get comfy. The Seats are nicely made but I can't get comfy. I was expecting seats like my MK V Golf GTi so I was disappointed that they aren't as comfy as they look.

However, its feeling better the last few days. So I'll take you advice and bear with it.

Websta

Apr 12, 2011
It will get better....first month or so in mine was a little un-comfy\ achy after a longer trip. I put it down to the change from soft suspension to hard.

Now its fine

sk4tec

Mar 8, 2011
I'm having less trouble with the seats now. To be honest I think its more to the work my physio has put in and overall my back isn't hurting as much.

I did contact an online company who recommended me 'Putnams Duo car support'. I decided to buy it, the foam is in two pieces. The big one is too much but the small flat one is spot on and is about 0.5 cm thick. It gives that 2% extra lumbar support that I feel the seats lack.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.