MK3 Ibiza Cupra* K03s Jabbasport* Moving on....

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Coming on well Berg!

Glad to see another happy Turbosmart DV owner :)

Mine been fully open for years with no issues, cant wait to see your car in the metal!

Roll on April 14th

Cheers mate

I had one fitted yonks ago back when i was stage 1, but i put the forge back on when i put the k03s on

2 and half weeks to go :)

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Suspension overhaul time, preparing the car ready for some more track days

Went for AP coilovers

IMG_0538.jpg

Powerflex bushes
Rear beam kit & Front & rear bushes to do the front wishbones

IMG_0542.jpg

Also had this sat around a while, gives a clue to the new wheel colour ;)

IMG_0543.jpg

Just waiting for Bill to get the H&R front and rear anti roll bar kits then everything will be fitted together

Then its diff time :D

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Not sure yet tbh havent even looked into it

Not a fan of them sticking right out dragging on the floor so got to look into it lol

CupraSean

Mk3 Ibiza Cupra
Jul 21, 2010
West Midlands
got the exact same strap in blue, been holding off though till i lower mine as i think it will look naff with my car so high !! oh man i wish i had some spring or some coilies !!! transforms the look of these cars being lowered.

The wheels will look sick in that colour berg !!

cant wait to see your car on the 14th

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
The coilovers off my car will be availible when i fit these ;)

Wheels are being done in the next couple of weeks :)

Hopefully the meet will be good weather, or my car will probably be filthy lol

CupraSean

Mk3 Ibiza Cupra
Jul 21, 2010
West Midlands
same, so hard to keep it clean, going to give it a mop over the next week, got the week off work, going to cornwall with the mrs, so will take the mop.

you getting ur current wheels powder coated ? or ur pro races ?

PM'd about coilies.

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Dont have the pro race anymore, rotas will be done, its only costing me the price of paint which will be around £50

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Just picked up all my paint to do the rocker inlet and strut brace tomorrow :)

Not looking forward to doing the inlet as ive never had it off before, looks easy enough though

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Rocker inlet and strut brace all painted today, got all the red bolts and nuts on too :)

Paint job isnt great on the rocker and brace as the old paint just wouldnt flatten so tbh they could do with shot blasting and redoing at a later date

For now though they look alot better than before

Heres before
old peeled rocker and multicoloured brace lol

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
I used my electric drill with wire brush bit init to get all the paint off, then a sander drill bit to get it smooth.

If i had more time i probably could have done it tbh, looks respectable though

Berg did ya take the inlet off? If so how was it? Did ya need new seals for the injectors?

Looking nice and clean now! :)

Red nuts look pucka and finish it off nicely :clap:

Yer took the inlet off, really easy, injector seals were fine and still are so didnt need to replace anything, all came off easy enough :)

Do like the red bits myself :) one of the coilpack bolts snapped though and it wasnt even bolted all the way down! must have been a duff bolt that one lol

Looks awesome mate

Cheers mate :)

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
Did you have to vag.com it after taking off and refitting the inlet?? Someone said something before about needing to use vagcom to reset something or another after putting the inlet back on!?

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
If you remove the throttle body from the inlet then it needs to be realigned with vagcom

I left it on though as theres no reason to remove unless your sending it away for powder coating or something

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.