APR vs REVO

sniperftw

P-torque's price isn't a PRO is it?

it to is about 450 if i remember last :S

StealthInspired

Apr 18, 2011
UK
Come on Poverty, lets be realistic - the only reason you do still post is because you've moved away from SEAT, but still want to post on here to rub your new car in everyones face, how fast it is, or how you know better now that you've moved on - you've done the SEAT thing, been there, done that, plus know it all, eh?....

You even have a pic of your Audi in your signature on a SEAT forum, including your own "stated" performance figures for it too.

Jealous? Nope. I drive a DIESEL Leon for a start, purchased for the economy (50+mpg) qualities of the car - plus I rate its style over its performance. If I wanted a true, thoroughbred performance car, I wouldn't be buying SEAT (or AUDI) anyway.

Have a nice day.

Poverty

Come on Poverty, lets be realistic - the only reason you do still post is because you've moved away from SEAT, but still want to post on here to rub your new car in everyones face, how fast it is, or how you know better now that you've moved on - you've done the SEAT thing, been there, done that, plus know it all, eh?....

You even have a pic of your Audi in your signature on a SEAT forum, including your own "stated" performance figures for it too.

Jealous? Nope. I drive a DIESEL Leon for a start, purchased for the economy (50+mpg) qualities of the car - plus I rate its style over its performance. If I wanted a true, thoroughbred performance car, I wouldn't be buying SEAT (or AUDI) anyway.

Have a nice day.

Really don't know what to say to this lol

Deleted member 53697

Have a nice day.

The little green eyed monster raises it's head!
Enjoy driving about in your diesel Leon for the rest of your life whilst people who work hard and do well for themselves fly past you in their (clearly pretentious) RS Audis...

Last edited by a moderator:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
The little green eyed monster raises it's head!
Enjoy driving about in your diesel Leon for the rest of your life whilst people who work hard and do well for themselves fly past you in their (clearly pretentious) RS Audis...

Thats a bit harsh mate. How do you know he isn't worth millions and spends cash on multiple buy to let properties rather than expensive cars?

Deleted member 53697

Thats a bit harsh mate. How do you know he isn't worth millions and spends cash on multiple buy to let properties rather than expensive cars?

Re-read what you just said and ask yourself, would a person who is that succesful really be so angry about the fact that somebody else is talking about their TTRS on a Seat forum...
No is the simple answer...

BACK ON TOPIC I SUGGEST BEFORE THIS TURNS IN TO AN OUT-AND-OUT SLAGGING MATCH

Last edited by a moderator:

Poverty

It's amazing how people's perceptions of you change just by the car you drive, especial by people you have never met before. I'm still the same guy who signed up here back in 2006 to research on seat ibizas, those members who do know me can attest for that. Bang for buck the Leon Cupra is a much better car anyway, I've always said that.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I did read it. Not everyone is contented by shouting from the rooftops about material things - I know a guy with 22 flats and 2 hotels, and other businesses who drives an old Volvo and would say something similar if he was half arsed with cars. My reply was such as I know thats pretty much how he would see it.

I agree with getting it back on topic though ;)

sniperftw

Have a nice day.

:banned: :ban:

betts

chasing horses
May 22, 2009
nottingham

Have a nice day.

Must be the time of the month:lol:

jon-tfsi

Mar 29, 2008
Can the APR Demo car be used as a comparrison anyway?

It is a demo car after all. Does everyone believe that its got the mnimal performance mods thats on the spec sheet? The map is almost certainly custom

Sep 19, 2010
Glasgow
I'm in no doubt both companies have impressive figures but until i see a Revo Leon v APR Leon 1/4 or 30-130 & dyno graphs, i'll hold my judgement whos better... rather than comparing one demo Golf R

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I'm guessing that's a 'no' then! :whistle:

Doesn't look like it Chris. :handbags:

As you are still on the same Stg2 APR code (2.1 or 2.2) then you should be able to get a free update to the new APR code as a comparison to what you already have. Maybe if its arranged at a mutually convenient time we can do a dyno and logs comparison at Awesome, we are of a fairly similar spec as you know. I can even switch back to stock air box if you do not yet have an intake kit fitted?

I don't think anyone can really ever claim to show an accurate comparison, there are always variables that someone won't agree with. It all just willy waving from my point of view, but I've never had reason to believe that Awesome have fudged my figures or have I or Awesome exaggerated my car's performance when they were APR agents or when it was likewise switched to REVO during their amnesty period, and its shown solid consistency at other dyno's outside of Awesome during the 3-4 years its been modified.

Now that APR are making another stab at the UK market, I see a sudden resurgence in forum evangelism of one companies product over another. It just comes across as fickle to me, but nothing really changes, some want to follow, some want to lead, some are undecided a few of us just plod on regardless. ;)

When Awesome jumped the APR ship, I went along with them due to my trust and satisfaction at the level of support and care my car gets from them. I saw no point remaining with APR code when the support wasn't going to be there, not to mention that the code development had all but stalled long before that.

I was open and honest about my product decisions before and after they became REVO agents. I have no axe to grind with APR, except I felt disappointment at a lack of focus when I and several others were ideally positioned within Awesome's customer base to develop their products. Not many of us back in 08-09 had EA113 equipped SEAT Cupra's with all of APR's subsequent Stg 1, 2 and 2+ hardware, my own and a few other being pretty much considered APR demo cars.

APR had an ideal opportunity to use Awesome's customer base to develop the product further. They didn't! Its ultimately due in part what lead to Awesome's frustrations and subsequent distribution deal ending.

Now its all change again, and I can accept and respect Awesome's choice to be an APR agent again. I might not fully understand it considering where we were 18 months ago, but its not my business to manage and neither am I perplexed by their choice of product distribution, that is their decision and they must have had some fairly good assurances that things have changed at APR in terms to their UK market goals.

As I've already stated I am very happy with the REVO code on the Cupra and haven't suffered any issues that have warranted me to mention anything to Awesome or REVO, certainly if it suffers from a flat-spot i've yet to notice it.

I am not going to flatly repute the observations of other forum users, I have no reason to disbelieve their findings and respect their views, but I can only report on what I know about my own car.

I've long known the guys at REVO and have been a satisfied user of their products in the past and present. I feel under no great urgency to now have APR code back on the car just because its seemingly the new black. :) 18 months ago it was a different situation, there was pratically zero UK support from APR. I am not left with that problem now even if Awesome are not REVO dealers, REVO are UK based and I've had satisfactory dealings with them for a long time.

The fact I am considering selling up this summer contributes to me not to be in any great rush to get round the M60 wanting a code re-flash. As always I am interested to see the results from others, but there doesn't appear as yet to be many comparisons coming forward.

I have no reason to be elitist or one-sided in my opinions about either company, I like them both and as I've said above to Chris, would happily pop along to Awesome to do some comparisons, not that I expect or aim for it to sway opinions, but if others are interested, for those of us that plod on regardless, i'd be happy to share the data.

All the rhetoric blowing around the forums is like musical chairs to me, when will the music stop!! I've never been one of those that craves to make a mark on the drag strip, I guess its never been my 'scene'. Maybe that makes me less of a yardstick to some, those that want to see 0-60, 1/4's or 30-130 runs. But it doesn't make mine or anybody else's views on the subject any less valid however. It's only an opinion after all, and last time I looked nobody died. :blink:

I think its good that APR have made more of a commitment to the UK market in recent months, but they've had a few opportunities to do this in the past over the last decade in fact and made a lot of promises to dealers and customers and then it turned to vapour. So I genuinely hope this new commitment is a positive one, because I've no complaints about their hardware.

Likewise I am pleased to see REVO's recent expansion, and maybe this will see a more competitive market in hardware start to develop too.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.