APR vs REVO

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
Come on Poverty, lets be realistic - the only reason you do still post is because you've moved away from SEAT, but still want to post on here to rub your new car in everyones face, how fast it is, or how you know better now that you've moved on - you've done the SEAT thing, been there, done that, plus know it all, eh?....

You even have a pic of your Audi in your signature on a SEAT forum, including your own "stated" performance figures for it too.

Jealous? Nope. I drive a DIESEL Leon for a start, purchased for the economy (50+mpg) qualities of the car - plus I rate its style over its performance. If I wanted a true, thoroughbred performance car, I wouldn't be buying SEAT (or AUDI) anyway.

Have a nice day.

Wow!:banghead:

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
Got a link, think I'm going blind!

On the main page, left hand side is a green bar that says 245, click on that link. I think that's a from 245 quid and would depend on what map you have (couldn't find any other info on it, they just ask you to call them)

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

jon-tfsi

Mar 29, 2008
The thing is no 2 cars react exactly the same to the same mods.

So even if a REVO car beat an APR car with exactly the same mods down the 1/4 mile or on the dyno, its no victory for the software its a victory for that car.

It was the consistently good results and customer feedback that helped me choose REVO.
So far with APR i see a poor record with the old software and a small number of people making a whole lot of noise about the new software.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
tbh i think there are 2 sides to this story.

one side is driven by 1/4 mile , max bhp , quickest blah blah blah which will probably cover 20% of forum members

the other is everyday use , practicality and overall good drive , with a few spirited runs for a bit of fun , which probably covers the balance of forum members.

so for sure the 20 odd % are going to fight their corners saying they got the best after all no one is going to say they have paid out £'sssssss and say the product is crap.

there is only one thing that we need and that is proof , either through an indepedant test (magazine maybe?) or by a rolling road shoot out where cars have the same mods.

most of us wouldnt even be able to feel the difference in power , the only thing we might be able to feel is the way the power is used.

am i fussed?
NOPE , not in the slightest , but if some one develops a map that gives me massive gains and improves my fuel economy at the same thime then of course i will be interested but that aint going to happen!

Al

Aug 29, 2005
tbh i think there are 2 sides to this story.

one side is driven by 1/4 mile , max bhp , quickest blah blah blah which will probably cover 20% of forum members

the other is everyday use , practicality and overall good drive , with a few spirited runs for a bit of fun , which probably covers the balance of forum members.

so for sure the 20 odd % are going to fight their corners saying they got the best after all no one is going to say they have paid out £'sssssss and say the product is crap.

there is only one thing that we need and that is proof , either through an indepedant test (magazine maybe?) or by a rolling road shoot out where cars have the same mods.

most of us wouldnt even be able to feel the difference in power , the only thing we might be able to feel is the way the power is used.

am i fussed?
NOPE , not in the slightest , but if some one develops a map that gives me massive gains and improves my fuel economy at the same thime then of course i will be interested but that aint going to happen!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Agreed - And put nicely in a wee nutshell :yes:

Talking about being fastest, the best way to solve that one would be a test as you say comparing the same car on the same day in the same conditions with the same driver - ideally using the "cheatability" of a DSG R20T Golf or similar with all wheel drive and launch control - in theory, your Granny with no licence, hearing or teeth could do the 1/4 mile in 12.X seconds as well as anyone else in the same car.

Up to now, fastest times on 2.0T's are all subject to drivers as well as mods/maps as it was only comparatively "recently" the 2.0T was made available with all wheel drive and DSG in the form of the S3 and R20T.

Last edited:
May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
Just to make things clear for you guys...

APR special price on remap... switch over from REVO = 250.00+Vat I think? (need to be confirmed or corrected)

But this price is only if you visit the APR UK HQ ONLY...

Further Information you will have to call them ;)

APR special price on exist at their HQ and not their re-sellers...

Spoke to APR today because I need a pipe replacement for my FMIC...hehe thought I ask about the remap offer.

FR_Kris

Just to make things clear for you guys...

APR special price on remap... switch over from REVO = 250.00+Vat I think? (need to be confirmed or corrected)

But this price is only if you visit the APR UK HQ ONLY...

Further Information you will have to call them ;)

APR special price on exist at their HQ and not their re-sellers...

Spoke to APR today because I need a pipe replacement for my FMIC...hehe thought I ask about the remap offer.

+1 Dave the £250+vat price is for a car that is already mapped (regardless of company) as you say you have to go to APR HQ.

Leesey

Potter
Oct 1, 2009
Stoke
The one I linked, not got an up and running UK website at the moment, but I'm positive it's £499+vat. That's what it was when PSI were selling them.

Goapr.co.uk

Last edited:

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
I don't think anyone can really ever claim to show an accurate comparison, there are always variables that someone won't agree with. It all just willy waving from my point of view.

Exactly my point Mark. Biggest this and highest that I'm not particularly bothered about, its more how it actually drives that matters, not pub bragging rights.

The fact I am considering selling up this summer contributes to me not to be in any great rush to get round the M60 wanting a code re-flash.

What are you fancying?

Exactly Rob :yes:

Poverty

In regards to feel, I found all remaps to drive pretty much the same other than the APR one. High rev range on those, the only way I can describe it is as VTEC kicked in YO! lol. Or should we say APR kicked in.

I'll text the "theflatplasterer" to see if he can come on here to talk about it, seeing as hes had his APR map for a few weeks now, and has lived with it for a while.

P.S

Has anyone got any revo stage 2 plus dyno sheets from awesome GTI's dyno?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
Im not interested in Awesomes reasons for swapping suppliers again.

Im glad I held out and didn't shell out for a software change like I was very close to doing.
My experience over the last few weeks is that the future support from APR is going to be very good.

Is the map you mentioned earlier Jas just another name for V3.1?
Saw yours looking very moody at VWR/APR today (well yesterday, not really slept yet :/)

Here is Yesterdays run;

IMG.jpg

Poverty

Yeah LP3 is just another name for v3.1 afaik. I've also heard it being called their high output map.

Look at the power curve of that graph that is really nice looking and shows what I've been saying about its high power rpm holding. Max power at 6700rpm, power still near peak at 7300rpm. The way the V3.1 map holds power at high rpm is just crazy. Every other map I've tried it would be a waste of time taking the revs past 6500rpm, and usually you would look to change gear at around 6300rpm when I had my Revod k1, looking at my old power graphs.

skiddusmarkus

Apr 30, 2010
70 bhp of drag on a fwd seems a lot to me, approx 20% loss.I got around 80bhp with 2 extra diffs, a propshaft and 2 extra wheels and driveshafts.
Or is this from an awd?Looking at the chart it says fwd and manual transmission though.I'm not shitstirring, just wondering why.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
70 bhp of drag on a fwd seems a lot to me, approx 20% loss.I got around 80bhp with 2 extra diffs, a propshaft and 2 extra wheels and driveshafts.
Or is this from an awd?Looking at the chart it says fwd and manual transmission though.I'm not shitstirring, just wondering why.

Its the way MAHA LPS dyno's work, look at any graph from a MAHA and you will see the same thing. :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.