Techies 'new' beater, MK2 Ibiza GTi

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Bought this from a fellow Briskodian for a bargain price plus some work on his new Fabia. I need something to get me around whilst the Fabia has its 1.8T transplant and this pretty much fitted the bill. Seems a pretty genuine car, few knocks but generally pret clean, should be delivered at the end of the month so looking forward to getting it.

4d318ff4.jpg

2eb52aac.jpg

0024c6e6.jpg

Comes with some spares and an extra set of alloys, plenty to keep me going.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
8v beater.

Nice.
What are the other wheels? I'd guess with those original ones it must be a fairly late Ibiza, 99 V plate maybe?

Never likes the door banging strips, so I hope they're coming off :) otherwise nicely unmolested

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Spot on, 99 V.

Door mouldings do need to go, depends on paint underneath.

Other wheels are just some Corrado ones.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Nice one Ross. Good to see you mucking about with another beezer hehehehe. Does look nice and clean and I can pretty much guarentee you will be messing about with it hehehhe

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
My new ride got delivered this afternoon by a very kind PastyBoy. He had bought a Fabia vRS and it was missing cruise control, I needed a car to run about in whilst the Fabia is off the road so a plan was hatched. Now I have worked on these cars and know the pitfalls of owning one, also common faults that they have. Cliff advertised it honestly but even so the advert did sound to good to be true, but I figured with the deal we made it would be worth it. Having now got the car I can honestly say I am astounded, it is probably one of the best Mk2s I've driven (that haven't had a lot of money spent on them). It's drives beautifully aside from first gear can be a bit tricky. But as the clutch is a bit heavy which is quite normal for these I think I'll whip the box out and replace the clutch before it snaps the pedal box and then change the oil, I reckon that should sort it. The bodywork is really tidy for a 99 car, seen a lot lot worse. Arches are clean and rust free which is quite rare on these and only the scuff on the front bumper (as advertised) stops it being as I would describe immaculate. The interior (now I've refitted it) is clean with no rips, tears or even side bolster wear on the front seats which for a 3 door is surprising.

cf4d7f90.jpg

43005735.jpg

c1da787a.jpg

I am very happy with the purchase, pics are of the car as is. If the weather is any better tomorrow I'm sure the clean up will start. I've already got another set of alloys that I will do a home refurb on, not sure on colour yet though ;)

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Epic day today, I'm shattered.

A brief rundown of today's work

Removed door rub strips
Removed glue from removed run strips
Snow foam
Rinse
Wash using Dooka wash pad and Zymol, two buckets of course with grit guards
Towel dry
Machine polish using Dodo DA polisher and poor boys polish
Rinse
Wash again
Rinse
Towel dry
Polish using SRP
Wax using Megs Gold Class paste wax
Clean glass using AG Fast glass
Treat black plastics
Finish with Megs Last Touch

0188c6e5.jpg

8c9acfd7.jpg

8afd5ca1.jpg

8a890251.jpg

8ee283b8.jpg

2350fea4.jpg

b51460bc.jpg

140960f5.jpg

Very happy with the result, looks pretty good IMHO. Carry on tomorrow with the DIY wheel refurb on some TSW alloys I got cheap off eBay, supposed to have the week off..lol

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
8e000abe.jpg

Wheels all passed the first stage of prep. All flatted back and any corrosion removed. There are a few knocks in then so plan to etch primer them and see what's what. Then fill any blemishes and re primer then top coat. Got an interesting plan for colour scheme which if it goes to plan should look nice. Then get some new 195/50 15 tyres which are a nice cheap size to get hold of luckily enough.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Few little bits have turned up for the Ibiza, some new poly top mounts and bearings and I've ordered some coil overs. Refurbed three out of four wheels, probably going to have to put the gazebo up over the weekend to do the fourth with this poxy weather. Four new tyres for the alloys are waiting, some 195/50 15 should do the job. Also got 20mm spacers for the rear.

a34ac0f8.jpg

8b16db5b.jpg

d89cf56e.jpg

Very happy with how the wheels have come out for a DIY refurb, should brighten the little beater up :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.