Hello Im thinking of getting a Leon 1.8 SE ( I think)

kPATm

Hello. OK so a guy at work is selling his 2005 Leon Cupra 1.8 20v. Now Im not sure what the model is but if its not the turbo then is it got to be the SE am I right?

Anyway Im not sure how much he wants for it yet but what are you guys opinions on the car and what do I have to look out for

Also what are the running costs like on the 1.8 model (SE if thats what it is)

I asked him to find out if the timing belt has been changed recently as hes only had the car a year. If the timing belt needs done what is the usual cost for this and I presume that the water pump would need changing at the same time.

The car has done about 67k so pressuming the belt/pump have been done and the car is in good condition how much would I be looking at paying?

I have a nice Pioneer Double Din from my previous car can a double din be fitted to the Leon?

Thanks for the help

the timing belt should be done at around 70k so if its not been done then it needs doing. just out of curiosity why dont you want the turbo? is it insurance or running costs?

i have seen leons with double din fitted.

a turbo model with that mileage and in good condition can start as little as £1500 so i would expect to pay a little less for a non turbo.

kPATm

Its not that I dont want a turbo its just the one up for sale is the non turbo. Am I right in saying the only non turbo 1.8 20v is the SE model. How much is a belt/pump change roughly?

Are these cars reliable in general?

a cambelt kit will cost around £120 with a water pump but better to use a metal impellor rather than a oem plastic 1. if you can do it yourself then say £125-£150 but a garage will charge another £150 or more.

reliability wise. i cant fault these engines. even the turbo model is reliable and their is no common failures other than coilpacks.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.