So many exhaust choices for the LCR1, or is there?..

billyhas

May 22, 2003
kidderminster
Visit site
I had a Blueflame full system with 200 cel race cat fitted to my LCR about 5 years ago, can't say its boomy in the slightest , quite the opposite in fact. Its got a nice burble at idle and probably a little louder than a standard pipe when driving sensible, but you really know its there when you boot it.
In a nut shell, it looks great (still looks like new after 5 years), sounds great, a pleasure to fit and passes MOT with no issues.
Bloody expensive now though. Pretty sure i only paid about £600 for mine

Cupra Grant

Aug 14, 2011
I went for a 3 " cobra system from the turbo back unsilenced with decat and to be fair I don't think it's to loud and It doesn't drone on the motorway. The welds are realy good some of the best I've seen On an exhaust fitment is perfect and the sound is grate fairly quiet when crushing/ town driving but open the trotle and it barks into life and pops on the overrun. I'm made up with it For the price you can't complain in the slightest there's some videos in my readers ride if you want to hear it

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Bloody expensive now though. Pretty sure i only paid about £600 for mine

Nice one mate, i know...i joined around 5 or 6 years ago and i remember them being £595 on ebay lol.

there's some videos in my readers ride if you want to hear it

Thees no link to your RR can you send me a vid?

Lots of Cobra exhausts then, anyone got any graphs though? sound is nothing without power lol

CupraTim

Dec 13, 2010
Southampton - Hampshire
Nice one mate, i know...i joined around 5 or 6 years ago and i remember them being £595 on ebay lol.

Thees no link to your RR can you send me a vid?

Lots of Cobra exhausts then, anyone got any graphs though? sound is nothing without power lol

I think if your running 281bhp (like me) with a standard exhaust system on it already I think upgrading it to a full 3" system will free up the engine/exhaust more. I think it will make the engine more responsive. A good exhaust system can free up to 15horses from a restricted engine. In our case I think it would make the car more responsive, sound better and hopeful give us a few more horses on the dyno :)

d3m0niTe

LCR 225
Jun 21, 2010
Bromley, Kent
I'd go piper if it was my money, although the cost is eye watering.

I know t0m has a piper back box mated to a miltek downpipe/decat combo and that sounds amazing - loads of pops and bangs on overrun. All straight fit, so no bodging.

I imagine the whole piper system will sound even better

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Only downside to the piper was the oval tailpipe. It had an ugly inner section that not many folks liked first time around. Blueflame or Pipewerx have the best design, but back in the day the piper full system gave massive torque gains, even on the non coated exhausts. I don't think those piper threads exist now due to the CS going downhill after the top guy left.

Sent from my iPhone

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Dan1720v has the best sounding exhaust, same as mine but he has non resonated. i will try to get a video he posted on face book.

CupraTim

Dec 13, 2010
Southampton - Hampshire
defo doesnt play on my computer sam ;-(

Played on my phone - no video just sound though!

So that's a relentless manifold, dp, decat, Miltek non res car back yeah? Sounds good! I called cobra and they can supply a cat back system but only in 2.5" - will it fit to the relentless dp and decat? They said that their system would only fit to another system if that system has oem fitting.