Chesterfield,Derbyshire
IMG_1950-1.jpg

IMG_1890-1.jpg

P1030935-1.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

Welby88

Oct 17, 2011
Chesterfield,Derbyshire
thanks for looking obs thats how it stands now with the cupraR bumper n carbon wraped bonnet well please let me know what u think power wise it has a piper cross filter and a stage1 map

Last edited:

Mack63

Looks nice and clean, love this colour on the Leon. Bonnet isnt to my taste either, but like you say, looks different :)

Welby88

Oct 17, 2011
Chesterfield,Derbyshire
Got a few mor things to go soon like FMIC usual stage 2 mods then a r tech remap Im wanting a cobra cat back after hearing them I'm currently running a home made baffle less back box don't think it sounds serious enuff lol bigger wheels do can have bigger brakes usual stuff :)

andydroid

Did you plastic wrap the bonnet because the lacquer was flaking off?

I've lost about a quater of the lacquer from my yellow bonnet :( and am considering my options... A full respray would be nice!!

Looks real tidy though.

Welby88

Oct 17, 2011
Chesterfield,Derbyshire
Tell u summat 1st I wraped bonet layd wrap over bonnet n lifted it to line it up n it pulled a lot of laquer off :( so DA all bonnet n had it done agen but still got spoiler n mirrors to wrap but herd alot of stories bowt yellow Leon's bowt my year 52 havin not good laquer jobs done

gazR

CUPRA
Apr 25, 2009
Derbyshire
imo you should just buy a CupraR :p haha. looking good mate, even better when you got the mods on :)

Last edited:

andydroid

Tell u summat 1st I wraped bonet layd wrap over bonnet n lifted it to line it up n it pulled a lot of laquer off :( so DA all bonnet n had it done agen but still got spoiler n mirrors to wrap but herd alot of stories bowt yellow Leon's bowt my year 52 havin not good laquer jobs done

Yeah, I've heard similar things, mines an 03 and the lacquer has gone all milky and is flaking off in places, with the bonnet being the worst.

Welby88

Oct 17, 2011
Chesterfield,Derbyshire
I have flaking on mirrors but rest is ok to be fair and my bonnet wasn't too bad untill wrap ripped it off but like I say I gunna carbon wrap Mirrors and spoiler soon :) I'd love a full respray but money int it what do you think you'll end up doing pal

andydroid

It's early days, I'll probably leave it for a bit and see how much it annoys me, I bought the car for a good price with this problem so I'm not too fussed at the moment.

I did see a thread on here where a guy was offered to have his car resprayed for free at a college, his mate was doing a body repair course and was looking for a car to work on. If I can find a course near me I may well look into that, otherwise it's a grand for a full respray!

Welby88

Oct 17, 2011
Chesterfield,Derbyshire
A grand hmm yeah chesterfield college duz things like that because when I was doing my mechanics the body shop was next door they used to paint there own cars just how much u trust them with your pride and joy

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.