Seat Leon 1.4 TSI FR Edition 2012 - Opti-Coat 2.0, Finland

Joens

Jan 18, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
Hello all. After having Ibiza FR 1.8T mk4 for 5 years I decided that I need 5 doors, more MPG and it wouldnt hurt to have smaller insurance and tax costs so I decided to go for 1.4TSI and havent regretted it. Some of you may bash about the fact that it is "fake" FR, but over here in Finland people consider it more a trim-level than powerful "sports" car.

When I ordered the car in november I had a certain budget, and unfortunately sunroof and sideairbags didnt fit it. I also left the 18" Ibera wheels out for more comfy ride. Otherwise it has everything that was available. Pretty much same as FR+ without the Ibera wheels and sunroof (if my memory serves me right :) )

Car also has 16" winter alloys and Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7 winter tyres due the harsh winters here in Finland. Oh, and defa engine + interior heater.

So I had to wait the car for 3 months and meanwhile I decided that armrest and cupra pedals are must accessories.

I also started to investigate what would be the best option for paint protection and found Opti-Coat 2.0. Managed to get one local detailer to do the job for me. Detailing and correction took over 15 hours. The car was 1 week old and had only 880km's done and the paint was in shocking condition from the factory ( in the eyes of a true professional). Car was polished and opti-coated.

Few pictures below.

_small.jpg

_small.jpg

_small.jpg

_small.jpg

IMG_4521.jpg

IMG_4518.jpg

03022012047.jpg

Also a link for the detailing session.
http://www.pesukinnas.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1543

Plans for the car are possibly get some LCR bits and upgrade the audio.

Thank you and I apologize for my mediocre english :)

Double B

Creepin'
Nov 28, 2011
Nottingham
Well i could of got the car in 9 days after ordering it or waited 3 months for the same car but built with xenons from the factory, i am an impatient one :p any future plans for the car?

Joens

Jan 18, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
Well i could of got the car in 9 days after ordering it or waited 3 months for the same car but built with xenons from the factory, i am an impatient one :p any future plans for the car?

Not much. Probably some B&W theme with LCR bits. Might get the summer wheels resprayed and do some upgrades for the audio.

Double B

Creepin'
Nov 28, 2011
Nottingham
Cant beat black and white :p anything for the engine, they do seem rate nice playing between 3000 to 5000rpm but remap couldnt go a miss ;)

Joens

Jan 18, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
Cant beat black and white :p anything for the engine, they do seem rate nice playing between 3000 to 5000rpm but remap couldnt go a miss ;)

I wish, but the finnish law and mot is very strict and remaps are pretty much illegal here. Basically if you crash the insurance company can void any kind of duty to pay damages. Also the mot states that remap is same thing as "changing" engine. So nah, I think im not gonna remap :)

Double B

Creepin'
Nov 28, 2011
Nottingham
For a country with such exelent drivers your laws on cars seem dumb :( could you even fit a foam air filter that is in the stock air box for example?

Lentäjä

Jan 19, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Nice car mate!
Too bad it´s just a 125bhp version, as those wont go anywhere. ;)
If you crash your car do you really think that our insurance companies will find out if the car is remapped or not? You would more likely win in lottery than left without getting paid.

Joens

Jan 18, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
btw...where did you had it detailed?

Privately done by a guy from the detailing forum above (the link) [B)]

Btw, your right about the insurance thing. Its very unlikely that they found out a remap, but then again in theory the car becomes illegal if you consider finnish mot. I still have 2 years of warranty left so I dont want to risk that either.

Nice car mate!
Too bad it´s just a 125bhp version, as those wont go anywhere.
If you crash your car do you really think that our insurance companies will find out if the car is remapped or not? You would more likely win in lottery than left without getting paid.

The 125hp engine has taken me 2000 kilometers so far and if I want to fly i'll use a plane ;)

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise