LCR wishbone rebushing guide

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
its 2 piece for front bush an 1 piece for rear bush,

heres the same one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POWERFLEX-BUS...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item45f32d02f8

just need to know if press it in from top or bottom,

IMG_0049.jpg

does the bigger side go top or bottom of wishbone

IMG_0050.jpg

Last edited:

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I pressed from the top leaving larger flat on top of wishbone
If you look at the rebushed pic the larger diameter is on top

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Cupras have a smaller pressed wishbone, but layout is the same
If you bought the correct bushes the method to replace them is the same

gdjohny

Crazy Mechanical Engineer
Dec 25, 2010
Kettering
Hi
I have two Leon s One is normal 1.9 tdi ( Missys car ) and I drive LC TDI. I have notticed that there is small crack in the front arm bush and I need to replace it . Are there few sizes or Can I get one size for both of the cars ?

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I think both your cars have the pressed type arms which will require the smaller front bush
LCR has cast arms which require a different bush as its set up differently to other variants

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Just a quick update now added all parts numbers for OE and powerflex replacement parts
Thanks to Dave at sere for taking the time to find them

M206

Apr 15, 2011
hello everyone.

please help me.

i've a doubt.

I've a Leon FR TDI 150hp, so i know that i have the pressed wishbones, so i'd need the powerflex bushes cod. PFF85-410.

Two weeks ago my tyreseller mounted the powerflex bushes, he don't know what exact code, he said he asked for the specific model of mine.

I fear he mounted the wrong bushes, the cupra r's ones (cod. PFF3-610 for cast wishbones).

here you are the pics.

i have a doubt about the small space that is left in the lower part driver side:

powerflexlatoguida.jpg

and the same space left in the upper part passenger side:

powerflexlatopasseggero.jpg

is everything ok?

are they the right ones or are they the cuprar wrong ones?

in the worst case, am i risking some breaking / problems if i drive in these conditions??

please help me..:cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:

M206

Apr 15, 2011
are there some dimensions difference between cupra r version and normal ones?

if someone confirm me that the are of the same dimensions and the difference are only in the material used i can calm down..

please help..

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Tbh i wouldnt expect you to be able to even fit the incorrectly sized bushes.
Check the powerflex site for part numbers to compare

lcrsammy

May 4, 2011
berks
Good guide ronin, will be following it in the next few weeks to get through my mot.

Was hoping someone could tell me which part number is for which side of the 8n0 407 165/8no 407 166 drivers side or passenger side?

Thanks again ronin!

lcrsammy

May 4, 2011
berks
Sweet, nice one mate! Soon I shall have both wishbones £60, powerflex bushes £30 (nice having friends in high places) so a bit of DIY and I'll have a cheaply rebushed car!

Thanks again for the guide, will let you know how I get on! Maybey a few weeks though as spare time is very rare atm!

Sam

lcrsammy

May 4, 2011
berks
just a few quick questions, has anyone, when putting the new balljoints on the arms, put them in the max negative camber position? and how did the car feel after?

thanks for any info posted ;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.