What do the Mk4 Ibiza and the Mk4 golf / Polo have in common

DirtyDerv

Apr 3, 2012
In a far away Land
Hola

Questions regarding the Mk4 Ibiza Tdi 1.9 130 s ( I think thats why I have)

Lowwering springs for a Mk4 golf or Polo fit a Mk4 Ibiza? as there a better (cheaper) price for the golf / Polo?

Strut Brace, I take it the Ibiza is a bit skinner? or do they fit from the Polo?

Panel filter from the 1.9tdi engine fits any of the ibiza, Golf, A3 etc......? or are they all different?

adios

VWscooby

Apr 20, 2008
Durham
In the old days a lot of VAG stuff used to be interchangable, not so much anymore.

Speaking to a mechanic friend a lot of the suspension components are shared between the Polo 9N and the Ibiza. Think its the Polo 9N anyway!

exfreerider

Jul 19, 2011
Croatia
Hola

Lowwering springs for a Mk4 golf or Polo fit a Mk4 Ibiza? as there a better (cheaper) price for the golf / Polo?

Strut Brace, I take it the Ibiza is a bit skinner? or do they fit from the Polo?

Panel filter from the 1.9tdi engine fits any of the ibiza, Golf, A3 etc......? or are they all different?

adios
whole suspension is the same

strut brace fits Ibiza/Polo

Filter panels are the sam as well

Polo/Ibiza/Fabia are mechanicly almoust the same cars

Sep 3, 2008
Buckie, Moray
9N Polo, Fabia and Ibiza all share the same chassis. Suspension and brakes are the same, also if its a 1.9 TDi PD130 polo against a 1.9TDi PD130 Ibiza then most of the engine components are the same aswell. Boost hoses, FMIC etc. I have a local VW garage but no Seat so usually try and get polo parts from VW to save alot of hassle if I need something in a hurry

DirtyDerv

Apr 3, 2012
In a far away Land
Sweet, just ordered Strut brace and a few other bits listed for the polo as they were cheaper but the same brand........ Strang old world..

Looking at getting all the brakes re-newed as well as it doesnt seem to slow as fast as it gets going... so the brakes are all the same? jubly!

Cheers boys and girls

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007
Hola

do you know what car you have yet?,might be an idea before you start buying all these parts:D
Front brakes for example can be different depending on which model you have so double check before buying.

DirtyDerv

Apr 3, 2012
In a far away Land
Yes, have the IBIZA 1.9 TDI 130 s. as above all bits are the same?

I have noticed the discs are different on the front of this model and have ordered accordingly, I just want to get it up to scratch before I get it mapped at the end of the month.

do you know what car you have yet?,might be an idea before you start buying all these parts:D
Front brakes for example can be different depending on which model you have so double check before buying.

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007
Yes, have the IBIZA 1.9 TDI 130 s. as above all bits are the same?

I have noticed the discs are different on the front of this model and have ordered accordingly, I just want to get it up to scratch before I get it mapped at the end of the month.

If your getting it mapped it and having to splash out on discs/pads it might be a good idea to instead take the opportunity to upgrade to the 312mm front brake set up depending on your cash situation.makes a noticeable difference to stopping power.

Last edited:

DirtyDerv

Apr 3, 2012
In a far away Land
I work in Yate 50% of the time and we have Apec Braking HQ in the Town and can get a very good discount on brakes, have ordered the front disc's and pads from them ready on saturday. + purchased some new EBC disc's for the rear.

I was going to get some red/green stuff ones but when paying what I do for these I cant say no.

Or at least take batter pads and discs like EBC/TAROX

Sep 3, 2008
Buckie, Moray
Go for Ferrodo DS2500 pads and a set of decent discs like Brembo. I have this setup on my stage 2 fr, find it works quite well. I chose to spend the money and get a decent spec'd standard set up rather than go for 312mm set up

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.