Noisey secondary wayer pump, ARRGGHH!!!

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Mine was doing this, found it was making an awful racket and only working occasionally. Wasn't an expensive part, about £85-ish i think.

leoncupra2012

Mar 7, 2012
What sound is this? Mines started making some horrible annoying whining/droning sound like a dry bearing noise on tickover but goes away once the cars above certain revs?

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
What sound is this? Mines started making some horrible annoying whining/droning sound like a dry bearing noise on tickover but goes away once the cars above certain revs?

It's the one you (should) hear when you switch off the engine and open the bonnet, comes from the cylindrical object (pump) just under the slam panel, in front of the intake manifold.

You've got a LC, not LCR, right? Not sure that the LC's have the secondary pump.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
There's a guide on here, I've got a bookmark at home so if you've not found it by then I'll post it here. You can get into the electrical side, I think it's something to do with the bushes in the motor getting clogged that makes them stop working. But yes, so long as it hasn't expired completely you could probably get it going again, for a while at least.

I just had mine changed out as the car was in for a service anyway and the pump hadn't worked at all for a while so I figured if it wasn't totally goosed then it couldn't be far off.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.