2012 Facelift

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Interesting photoshop fail on the SEAT UK website

They have the climate control showing the radio screen!
psfail.jpg

Is that not the learner car mode you can set in VCDS.

The speed is shown in the radio display and radio info moves down to the cc unit.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
The configurator is up and running now, yes the Ibiza is cheaper but compared to the Sportrider the FR now looses climate control, rear PDC, 17" Wheels, bluetooth and USB so add theses options and it is nearly £600 more!! Other models are the same smaller price and less standard lit......Some creative accountancy has gone on me thinks :D

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
Very poor specification the FR now, not having climate control is shocking. I was thinking about changing to one but having seen the spec I'm going for a Suzuki Swift Sport instead.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Very poor specification the FR now, not having climate control is shocking. I was thinking about changing to one but having seen the spec I'm going for a Suzuki Swift Sport instead.

We might go for a Golf Match instead of an ST as need £1150 of options to get it to a decent spec in line with our Leon. Too much penny pinching IMO, FR should have retained same spec and price as Sportrider. At least we now know why the FR 143 TDi and 150 TSi have dropped in price, pedro has decided to sell the extra spec on ebay to help keep Spain financially afloat.....

Last edited:

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
What a let down the new FR model is! I was all set to order a 1.6TDI powered ST version, I thought the FR spec with a wider range of engines was a master stroke by Seat. How wrong was I! It is unlikely I will buy a new FR which is probably a lower spec than the Sport model I already own. Looks like I am back looking at the Skoda Yeti.

Seat have shot themselves in the foot here and blown a golden opportunity in my eyes.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I agree, specced up an FR with 105PS dsg and with all the gadgets that SHOULD be standard for an FR it comes in at £17K!!!!!!! Will have to wait a few years and see if I can pick up a used one that has lost most of its value.

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
Still no 2.0 diesel in the ST. :( Looks like I'll be sticking with the toledo. Quite like the look of the new one.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Still no 2.0 diesel in the ST. :( Looks like I'll be sticking with the toledo. Quite like the look of the new one.

I was quite surprised by that to be honest.

I've got a fair few photo's and video from Friday when I drove a good chunk of the range - hopefully all the words will be together tonight too.

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Very unimpressed by the new UK model lineup

Every version has lost equipment and the whole range now looks really basic and poor value for money. The CO2/ MPG stats are also highly un-competitive with little or no improvement on before.

I think the run out fully loaded pre-facelift models make a lot more sense, they have a fair number of improvements over the original MK5 anyway, especially the Sportrider.

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
I think either the SEAT cost cutting has reached new lows, or VW are deliberately limiting what they can offer.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby

I bet it is to do with battery placement and the modifications needed v projected sales a real shame. FL Ibiza is now poor value for money IMO and not the good value it was. Wonder what is in store for the MKIII Leon.......

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
Is the 2.0 A physically larger engine than the 1.6 then? I thought it was just a short stroke 1.9/2.0. I figured the battery location was more for weight distribution due to the heavy 2.0/6 speed combo up front. Also, there'd be more room for the battery in the boot of an ST anyway, where is it on the hatch? In my old cordoba it could have been fitted in the spare wheel well, it was deep enough and long enough to fit it in front or behind the spare tyre.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Also, there'd be more room for the battery in the boot of an ST anyway, where is it on the hatch?

It's under the spare wheel. You lose about 2" of boot depth - the wheel cover sits higher due to the wheel sitting high enough to clear the battery clamp system.

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
I would have been very very tempted by the 2.0tdi fr st if it kept the same spec as I would want the 17" wheels, climate control and some other gadgets, shame, seat have failed this time on the launch, I would expect a higher spec fr+ like they did for the Leon now they announced the budget cuts

Tapatalked on a Xperia Arc S

jordibravo

Leonik
Jul 2, 2008
Trencin, Slovakia
hm, Today was released the price list for new Ibiza in our country, and Climatronic is included in FR packet... or what does it mean for you climate control?

but we don't have here any FR with 1,6 TDI available....

product

Nov 6, 2007
hm, Today was released the price list for new Ibiza in our country, and Climatronic is included in FR packet... or what does it mean for you climate control?

but we don't have here any FR with 1,6 TDI available....

It will be up to the SEAT importer for each country to decide how they adapt the product offer for themselves. Obviously in Slovakia they have decided not to drop the price and widen the availability of FR too much.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
My big issue is by the time you spec the car up you will end up loosing more as the options will add very little to the RV, but would of helped the RV if they had of been standard. I will not be surprised if MY14 you won't find the spec and price going up along with the price!!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
SCN review of the MY2012 Ibiza Facelft

Last week, SEATCupra.net were invited to Barcelona for a select unveiling of the New SEAT Ibiza

Dominated by the FR models, the bright sun, and excellent roads lent themselves to just getting out having fun in the sporty wagons!

main.php

More...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.