Ibiza Tail light options?

ereeiz

Nov 23, 2003
Worcester
ereeiz.plus.net
Hello all, I'm new on here. I got an Ibiza Cupra Diesel 160 the other day and am full of questions about it.

First off; What are the tail light options? I think the standard ones look horrific to be honest, like they got the lights from Halfords circa 2002, lol.

I'd like complete red ones if possible or smoked/ tinted perhaps. Open to suggestions really! Any links or things to search for would be handy, I just keep getting parts places and Seat dealership stuff come up when I search.

Cheers!

Adamroberts

Apr 9, 2011
Hi!

I am also in the same position! The only thing I don't like about the fr that I am yet to pick up is the rear lights!

I think I may just get some standard red ones or go for some tinted ones!

ChrisssRFC

Mar 6, 2012
welcome to the forums!

i know what you mean, but there are some colour coded ones for them, but other than that i am not sure mate!

Adamroberts

Apr 9, 2011
Phillpotts92, what did you use to tint the lights? Spray or lamin-x or similar?

I think that your lights are exactly what I am looking for!

ereeiz

Nov 23, 2003
Worcester
ereeiz.plus.net
Thanks for the welcomes,

Phillpots, what's your RR? I read RR as Rolling Road on car forums, lol. Had a look on your profile and couldn't see any pics, not sure what you mean?

Krussel; I remember the Lexus IS200 being launched and thinking the lights looked amazing- so different and new compared to anything I'd seen on a production road car before. A year or two later they started appearing on the aftermarket market and they looked good on a few (very few) cars..... ffwd 6months and the world and his wife have them on everything from Clio's to estate cars and everything in between, this made it really lose it's appeal and generally I now think they look horrible and cheapen the look of most cars as, no matter how good quality they are, they just look like cheap, crap Halfords chinese import specials out of the bargain bin. In my opinion, it doesn't matter what vehicle they're fitted to- they look wrong (with the exception of an IS200). That's my justification for wanting to change them :D

Last edited:

T18_MPA

Mar 3, 2012
North East
I have a Cupra tdi and would love a set of darker lights without having a horrible tint spray on them, my previous cars I've had plenty choice in rear lights but not having any luck finding a set of smoked lights, don't auto art do them as I'd imagine they could make a fair whack

Stokie

Mk3 Leon Fr184
May 24, 2010
Stoke
Simply tint them with tint spray which is what i did with mine, with can be seen if you click my link on my sig below ;)

phillpotts92

Buy Cheap, Buy Twice! :D
Oct 2, 2010
Bristol.
www.seatcupra.net
To put it this way....

Red lights tinted black:
IMGP0389.jpg

White lights tinted black:
b8f05cb7.jpg

Sam.

there is something distinctly halfordesque about the rear lights on the cupras and frs. I'm looking at changing mine or just tinting them. I've got an fr and i'm not the biggest fan of the rear lights. Am I better to get them tinted professionally or spray/wrap them myself?

Adamroberts

Apr 9, 2011
ayacoub92 - I would have a go at tinting them yourself! All you need is some tint spray and lacquer (if you really want) I did my old car's lights completely red and it was simple to do!

Give the lights a light key using a scotch bright pad or fine wet and dry paper. spray the tint spray in light coats and allow to dry. once dry spray with lacquer (again in light coats), do about 3 layers and then leave to dry over night. The next day you should rub the lights down with some 1200 wet and dry paper which has been soaked in soapy water, this gets rid of any high spots on the lights. Simply polish the lights back up to a mirror finish using normal polish or light cutting polish.

Hope this helps!

BTW Phillpotts I prefer the silver tinted black!

Last edited:

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
I used some film off ebay from hong kong for £4:

img0250ev.jpg

I wasn't sure I would like it, but I do so will probably use spray at some point in the future as the edges were perfect and after a few weeks have wrinkled very slightly

ayacoub92 - I would have a go at tinting them yourself! All you need is some tint spray and lacquer (if you really want) I did my old car's lights completely red and it was simple to do!

Give the lights a light key using a scotch bright pad or fine wet and dry paper. spray the tint spray in light coats and allow to dry. once dry spray with lacquer (again in light coats), do about 3 layers and then leave to dry over night. The next day you should rub the lights down with some 1200 wet and dry paper which has been soaked in soapy water, this gets rid of any high spots on the lights. Simply polish the lights back up to a mirror finish using normal polish or light cutting polish.

Hope this helps!

BTW Phillpotts I prefer the silver tinted black!

cheers! I think i'll give it a go, this helped a lot, I might even buy film to start with and then remove it if it wrinkles.