difference between 2.0 tfsi sport and fr

deebow

Oct 2, 2009
Hi
was looking to get a leon and noticed that ive seen a couple of leon 2.0 tfsi come up at at 3700ish with 100k. the equivelent fr would be a grand more. apart from 30bhp more and the visual differences is there any other difference in spec between the cars

have tried searching but cant find any posts mentioning it
thanks

Manny

2016 Leon FR 2.0 TDI
Nov 27, 2010
15bhp, Fr bumpers, fr steering wheel, clocks, gearnob - As far as i know, thats it :S

neeleyveeley

Eyed Beauty
Mar 9, 2004
Midlands
Visit site
I've also been having a look at these two variants and apart from the above can find no real differences...

Did the FR effectively replace this version of the sport when released?

I also assume that the Cupra has essentially the same basic engine but bigger turbo and ECU changes? I've been looking around but not sure what to go for as yet....

Manny

2016 Leon FR 2.0 TDI
Nov 27, 2010
Oh the FR and Cupra also have different seats/door cards i think
And i think u cant get automatic lights / wipers in the sport

Sep 17, 2011
Cracking car the sport only real difference is fr badges and decals. 15bhp difference but a remap will soon sort that out!

deebow

Oct 2, 2009
the way i see you save a about a grand probably more by going for a sport. this way you can spend the grand on remapping it and puting a cupra/btcc body kit which looks better then the fr plus sport is a bit cheeper to insure as well

Nath-leon

Jul 27, 2011
Carlisle
I went for the Sport instead of the FR like wise not much difference between them, i think ive read that the 15bhp difference is just to do with the exhaust... which i havent changed yet

deebow

Oct 2, 2009
does anyone know reliability wise what the tfsi engines are like when theyre getting towards 130k. would it start throwing big bills or are they know to be reliable

neeleyveeley

Eyed Beauty
Mar 9, 2004
Midlands
Visit site
Interesting to know the above, I'd say about £5k for a 40k car is a good deal with the sport, should the belts be changed at the 5 year mark on these?

Interestingly when I looked the FR is actually cheaper to insure than the Sport - strange but maybe just more FR's or easier for parts??

Sep 17, 2011
5k is a good deal imo for a car with lots of potential. I got mine on 11k last year, in 5 years the guy who owned it from new was an oap don't think the turbo had a workout in its life till I got behind the wheel! :)

Nath-leon

Jul 27, 2011
Carlisle
Interesting to know the above, I'd say about £5k for a 40k car is a good deal with the sport, should the belts be changed at the 5 year mark on these?

Interestingly when I looked the FR is actually cheaper to insure than the Sport - strange but maybe just more FR's or easier for parts??

The belt wasnt changed but i got that done myself with the money i saved from knocking him down.

I got bluetooth, autolights, heated seats, 6 cd changer and i beleive the previous owner upgraded the speakers. Must of had a different cd player in to as its got slight butchers to the slots.

Thats one thing i carnt find is the OBD Port where is it?

neeleyveeley

Eyed Beauty
Mar 9, 2004
Midlands
Visit site
5k is a good deal imo for a car with lots of potential. I got mine on 11k last year, in 5 years the guy who owned it from new was an oap don't think the turbo had a workout in its life till I got behind the wheel! :)

Best kind of car to buy then once you blow the dirt out the engine, does yours get through oil like most of these seem to? Do you know what your running roughly with the re-map?

Sep 17, 2011
I had a map which was putting out about 225 then upgraded to revo which claims 260 but realistically 240ish.

neeleyveeley

Eyed Beauty
Mar 9, 2004
Midlands
Visit site
The belt wasnt changed but i got that done myself with the money i saved from knocking him down.

I got bluetooth, autolights, heated seats, 6 cd changer and i beleive the previous owner upgraded the speakers. Must of had a different cd player in to as its got slight butchers to the slots.

Thats one thing i carnt find is the OBD Port where is it?

I've been looking at the belt and water pump costs too as I'd want peace of mind this was done. No idea on the mk2 about the OBD port....afraid I've been out of the Seat fold for a few years now apart from the odd hire car.

Do the Sports have folding mirrors?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise