APR vs REVO

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
Revo charge £50 + vat to move up a stage from say 1 to 2
Everyone says apr is free but obviously not?

Sent from my iPhone

This was mentioned on the other forum. APR said software is free to upgrade after the initial sale, however the local dealerships may well charge for the labour.

What's £50 labour these days. Probably around 40minutes id imagine so its about right

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Yeah £50 labour is not much but APR say that stage 2 is free and no upgrade fees.
All I'm pointing out is Awesome are charging the same for this FREE upgrade as they do for Revo who state a £50 upgrade fee.
Also in some cases like on the Cupra R you do not get map switching until stage 2

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
maybe the REVO charge is mostly labour as well? No idea tbh, APR say its free, but dealers might charge labour for their time. You need to take it up with awesome mate

jon-tfsi

Mar 29, 2008
Interesting and good to watch.
Why do Revo compare their mk6 Gti to Apr's mk5 Gti?
Although they show similar power are they the same engine?

Sent from my iPhone

Only the early mk5 GTI's have the tfsi engine

Late Mk5 GTI's have TSI engine in US ;)

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Tbh I think charging labour for a quick map change upgrade is bad business , if APR or who ever say its free then it should be just that free !
I don't think £50 is warranted for what they do , sort of a blank cheque syndrome , I know that if I wasn't charged I would be more inclined to use said tuner for other work.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Think about it though

Lets say you own an independant garage that does APR Software, One day you have got no work in at all, youve got 10 people coming in for FOC APR Updates

That day you make a complete loss because you have had to pay staff to do the updates, pay electric etc and havent taken anything

£50 seems steap, id be happy to pay an hours leighbour at a rate of about £20p/h

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Think about it though

Lets say you own an independant garage that does APR Software, One day you have got no work in at all, youve got 10 people coming in for FOC APR Updates

That day you make a complete loss because you have had to pay staff to do the updates, pay electric etc and havent taken anything

£50 seems steap, id be happy to pay an hours leighbour at a rate of about £20p/h

But that's business mate.
It's the same as work keeping coming back to be rectified , but I do agree with the £20 charge

Nov 15, 2011
An going to apr tomo for stage 1 but the rollers haven't been installed yet. Will try find out what it should be running

Nov 15, 2011
Yeah just stage 1 and what questions need be asked?

And yes I did got to go to revo first tho.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Ask if updates to stage 2 are free and confirm you get map switching mate.
Good luck with Revo if that goes ok apr will be fab.

Sent from my iPhone

Nov 15, 2011
Yeah cheers got to be there for 9 and get it removed means Leavin here at like 7.30 but hey its fun.

Can't wait will try get a printout of bhp etc

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
REVO have just announced they are teaming up with a hardware maker for Turbo kits, Engine mounts etc.... Just like APR do with VWR

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.