what mpg are you guys getting on your cupra t 's

zorro

About 28mpg from purely town driving - short trips etc..
I've just had a BMW 118D as a courtesy car for the last week (awful car.. ) and i've just filled it back up to the max, £37 worth for a week's driving :blink: i usually put £20-£25/week in the mine so the LCR mpg doesn't feel so bad :D

Dissimulate

Jan 12, 2012
Durham
best i have EVER got from my LC 180 is 43mpg! sat at 50mph from Durham to York up the A1! oh the shame of lorries overtaking me :'(
Average around the doors is usually 24-28 and motorway is about 34-38 depending on how im driving (which is laregely effected by what music i have on XD)

Wolvo-Oleg

Mar 4, 2012
Wolves
Well, I've been testing this out today, thought I'd try the 20 mile M54/M6 route instead of the 15 mile A41 route.

A41, best I've averaged was 29.9

M6, on the way to work I saw 38, on the way home I saw 44mpg!

Granted, I literally could not gave drove any more economicalky, but I was pleased with that... Although I have heard something about the MPG on Stg2 LCR's not being accurate due to something that has to be upgraded knocking it out?

Fuel pressure regulator I think it might of been

Last edited:

Dozer360

mk1 Seat Leon 20v T
Jun 1, 2010
southampton
On regular petrol I only got 183 miles out of the tank
8c09f3e1.jpg

On V-Power the range says 330
3e93672d.jpg

I have now put a jetex cone on so I'll see how much that affects my mpg, if I ever get over the amazing sound and stop giving it the wwwwssssssshhhhhh every now and then.

Last edited:

scotty86d

I cannot get more than 300 from a tank. I drive to work-20 odd miles each way mainly at a constant 60, little bit of traffic. occasionly give it a few beans but im talking once a day accelerate onto the slip road. working to be about 28mpg which is shocking for how careful im driving it really

Wolvo-Oleg

Mar 4, 2012
Wolves
I cannot get more than 300 from a tank. I drive to work-20 odd miles each way mainly at a constant 60, little bit of traffic. occasionly give it a few beans but im talking once a day accelerate onto the slip road. working to be about 28mpg which is shocking for how careful im driving it really

This Scotty off SBR? :)

Mate check your MAF, cleaning mine gave me an 8mpg increase according to the computer

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay

Check the thermostat with vag com i bet you are not holding 88 deg, forget what the dash gauge says as that will even say 90 if you are below.

suzsv650

Oct 4, 2011
just got ~325 out of a tank on my LCR.

Thats not driving like a wimp and had 5 people in the car for 80-100 of those miles no motorway.

Started with 98 Ron from Esso now, so will see if that increases. Also will be buying a Jetex next week.

Dozer360

mk1 Seat Leon 20v T
Jun 1, 2010
southampton
my car only gets V-Power (except when those idiots panic bought all of it and i had to get regular), yes it costs more but it will save me money in the long run with a smoother running engine and more miles per tank.

Wolvo-Oleg

Mar 4, 2012
Wolves
I normally get about 250 per tank.. I start off all eco-mode, but by the end of the tank, I've done some showing off and my average ends up at around 23 mpg :lol:

nally270lb.TQE

Nov 29, 2011
gloucester
I did Glos to sheffield the other day. 178 miles then did a week od driving around urban areas. cost £69 to fill up on tesco 99 and i got 314 miles out of it. I reckon add another 25 miles onto that as fuel light wasnt on.Driving conservatively is the way forward.

scotty86d

This Scotty off SBR? :)

Mate check your MAF, cleaning mine gave me an 8mpg increase according to the computer

Hello mate, ye its me!!

It's got a brand new maf from a decent parts supplier. Made no difference though and still runs flat

I'd hardly call a 180 hp hatch a performance car though!!! just a bit more poke for dual carriageways etc really. Modern diesels piss on it.

Will check thermostat on vag com-realistically just replace it at the weekend as I dont know when it was last done anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

scotty86d

Yer but I would call a stage 2 LCR a performance car lol

Well with 100 more than mine and having driven a stage 2 s3 the other night I believe youre completely right. Not many diesels keep up with that ;-)

leoncupra2012

Mar 7, 2012
If i reset my computer on the MPG bit and leave it, it always seems to sell and stop at around 27mpg, thats a remapped stage one lc180 with decat running rich? Odd thing with it is ive filled it up twice full tank at £75, last time it said i had 260 miles to empty, did about 40 miles it dropped to about 210 mixed driving, 2 days ago i filled it up again, same petrol, same price (texaco super) said i had 330 miles to empty, ive done around 40 miles since then and its still saying 315 to empty.. weird cars ! Im hoping getting it mapped properly to suit the decat will give me better mpg on average?