Clutch Gone :(

Dmoe

Aug 1, 2008
So clutch went on my car last night, anyone got recommendations on what clutch to go for im only going to ever proberly get a stage 1 remap so not thinking i need anything special...

Car LCR 225....

Last edited:

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I had a LUX clutch fitted and don't forget you'll need a new DMF. It's also a great opportunity to have a LSD fitted while the gear box is out. It's well worth the money to have one fitted at this point.

Jamie225

Dec 16, 2009
Leicester
You don't have to replace the flywheel although it's a good idea to. I didnt on mine but then again I did it myself so I thort if the flywheel lets go I will just do it then.

danarmstrong

Mar 18, 2010
South Wales
what about g60 kit? i was thinking about this last night, my clutch will need uprating when i get stage 2 map, wasn't sure if if the 5 and 6 speed boxs used different kits. anyone know?

CupraTim

Dec 13, 2010
Southampton - Hampshire
I have just bought one of these:
DSC_0045.jpg

£625 all in + free delivery from Awesome GTI:
http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=47051&xSec=356

I'm running a custom REVO map LCR at 280bhp and 313BHP

If thats too expensive and you want to go standard parts then check out:
www.carparts4less.com

Dmoe

Aug 1, 2008
I have just bought one of these:
DSC_0045.jpg

£625 all in + free delivery from Awesome GTI:
http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=47051&xSec=356

I'm running a custom REVO map LCR at 280bhp and 313BHP

If thats too expensive and you want to go standard parts then check out:
www.carparts4less.com

Yeh wish i could afford this kit but with buying new house aswell atm i need to do it on as cheap as i can, your link didnt work. if anyone could link me to a decent simple clutch kit be much appreciated willing to pay max £250... Thanks

Dmoe

Aug 1, 2008
£250 + fitting? You'll be lucky tbh, stupid to not do the flywheel aswell.

nope i meant £250 for the kit...... and the garage that has my car which also did my service a week ago said no point mine isnt making any noise so i dont need to do it... if the flyweel goes in the future then i'll change it....

Dan1720v

Feb 28, 2010
Street, Somerset
Depends what flywheel you have. LUK will only fit an LUK flywheel. And sachs will only fit Sachs fly's.

Just because it's not making any noise doesn't mean it's still good. Upto you, I know if I was paying to have one fitted I'd stump up the extra, as £200 for a fly now will be £5/600 if it goes in a month.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.