ap 40/30 shocks and springs

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
so i fitted these sunday to the lcr. the drop on the back is perfect but the front as not droped at all and looks f ing pants.i fitted new top mounts and new bearings but the wheel to arch gap is bigger than standered[:@]:censored::cry: any body shed any light why its done this.?

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
were the new top mounts bigger then the ones tht come off the car coz tht will make it sit higher

matt

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
The new stuff will settle a bit though, give it a few miles and a couple of weeks or so, should drop a bit. Of course if the topmounts are bigger then that will not help.

How do you find the handling and ride comfort, any better? I've been thinking of getting these.

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
the fing thing looks like a tractor iam pissed of big time was thinking on putting the old 1s back on and yea 8bit great bit of kit but me old suspension was hammered and was crashy.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
the fing thing looks like a tractor iam pissed of big time was thinking on putting the old 1s back on and yea 8bit great bit of kit but me old suspension was hammered and was crashy.

I'd still leave it a couple of weeks to let it settle, then decide if you want to change the topmounts again. Thanks for the feedback on the kit.

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
yea its both sides doesnt have bearing but they use standard ones any way so reuse yours

matt

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
there gd happy the way my car sits with them and the kw 50/40 springs togeather

tht sites is cheap took 4 days to get and half the price as there r from uk

matt

Ash.LCR

Sep 12, 2009
Nr orpington Kent
not very happy

so i fitted these sunday to the lcr. the drop on the back is perfect but the front as not droped at all and looks f ing pants.i fitted new top mounts and new bearings but the wheel to arch gap is bigger than standered[:@]:censored::cry: any body shed any light why its done this.?

So you sell them to me saying they do lower an lcr 40mm.
You've said it yourself- they don't

I should've found this first

You just basically lied to make a sale- nice one, quality

chrispcupre

Jul 27, 2011
leicestershire
My top mounts were knocking so I thought I will put koni springs on -35 on my fr mk1 while I change the top mounts and the old mounts were shorter than the new ones due to wear if I did not fit fit the springs it would of looked like a tractor lol so in theory the car already had a drop of 15mm from the old worn mounts before I touched it ! I may put powerflex mounts on as they are 10mm shorter I think
4enejatu.jpg

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
I NEVER send payment for anything on PayPal as a gift. No matter how small. Not worth the hassle and it covers your ass if anything goes wrong.