Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

rudemeister

same prob here... found a diesal specalist who is gonna check my injectors for 30 quid... but been told injectors are costly. apparently u can get your injector reconditioned..!!!

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
Another thing to note I am getting considerably better MPG now too...

Before the injector swap I was lucky to get 40mpg on a 50 mile trip to my Mums, now it is closer to 50mpg than 40 !!!!!

Joey2cool

Nov 14, 2007
Wiltshire
just wanna say thank you for everyone who has brought this to the attention of Seat. Having the same issues here, and checked the site (cant believe i'd missed this thread before) and gonna get my checked this week.
Thanks!

rudemeister

just spoke to dealers... they quoted 1000 quid for injectors plus 500 labour... rip off

SPGUK

Got mine back yesterday. 2 day lead time on the parts for this recall I was told as they've done the vast majority and are on the last few, or so the dealers told me.

Definitely a bit smoother with the power, but I had wheelspin in 3rd around 50mph, which I never had before. I'll test the MPG tomorrow on my run across the M62.

shifimofo

Just want to add that I have had zero problems since the new injectors. Considerably better MPG too. A recent 380 mile trip returned 52.2mpg. Speed varied between 60-90mph so it wasn't exactly a cheat either.

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
Just want to add that I have had zero problems since the new injectors. Considerably better MPG too. A recent 380 mile trip returned 52.2mpg. Speed varied between 60-90mph so it wasn't exactly a cheat either.

Yep I haven't changed my driving style and I am getting significantly better MPG and so is my missus on her commute

n5erd

Speed Lover
May 20, 2009
Glasgow
Easy Easy

Guys, thanks for this FORUM and this thread alone.

Read it last Tuesday 10th April phoned Seat UK and logged it straight away as the injector issue. She said to call dealer and then inform them when booked in. Phone Arnold Clark SEAT in Paisley, booked in for the Thursday morning. Dropped off thursday 8am and phone call at 12noon to say they have all been replaced. Picked up and phoned SEAT UK on Friday.

Excellent service from all. I also have to state that my Car is a 2008 plate and our of Warranty, but Seat UK Chris Gray(sp?) said no problem 12 month workmanship labour on the installation of Injectors and 2year warranty on the injectors as parts.

Very happy all round and just shows exactly what this website is good for - sharing the knowledge

p.s. to this date neither my Seat Main Dealer or SEAT UK have sent me a letter to say about the fix, even though i had an affected vehicle - so DO NOT wait for a letter, give them a phone.

p.p.s now getting 45-50MPG v 40 average after just one tank :)
:(:p

danny mk3 cupra

Jun 10, 2009
Injectors

Thought id post aswell !ive had my leon for 8 months fr 58 plate no problems but after reading the thread thought id get it done .rather than the injectors failing/breaking on me whilst on a run etc. popped over to seat preston on a friday to pick a few parts up asked the question and they booked it in monday mornin no hassle at all .picked it up monday night ! Read an earlier post about trying it on with car issues ie new tyres needs a service window wipers dont fully wipe the screen properly lol etc the list was as long as my arm ! Just trying to claw some money back i suppose thought id ask for brakes changing ive got the pads front and back £ 100 for the labour ! No thanks. anyways cheers to all of the forum for the great information as always

Dave72

Had my car almost 3 years not one single problem, serviced every year using oem parts.
Car got recallled in February for injectors to be replaced, one month later i get emissions light on and a faulty DPF sensor, Had that replaced at a cost of £96 light went out and all seemed fine.
Twice now though it seemed to idle at 1000rpm and run quite rough and hesitant, dont know if it was regenning or not ?? But never have i had this in the time ive owned the car.

Had it plugged back in at the garage and he found no codes in the ecu .
Just seems strange how after going back to main dealers im getting problems ive never had before .

Mate I am having the exact same issues. Seat have had my FR all weekend and can find no faults. Please advise what was done to correct your problems and is everything ok now.

Alzak

Aug 10, 2010
Do anyone notice a change on engine start up as since injector replacement my car do not start very well (always first time) but not as easy as use to ...

Gogs170fr

Hi Gogs170fr,

Have you had your Bluefin map looked at yet? I'm interested to see what the outcome was as I am thinking about getting a Bluefin for my FR170. I recently had the Injectors & loom replaced on mine. I also have a Miltek Cat-Back non-resonated exhaust system, but I still have my DPF.

What was your Bluefin map like before your injectors were replaced? Was it a good investment would you say?

Cheers

Luke

Hi luke, yeah the bluefin map was great before the recal good investment mpg went up t 46 from 37, bluefin sent me
A
New
Map to
Test that but
No such luck, so took the map of last night and its actually the car thats lagging horrendusly! Anyone on here know whats up with that? It never lagged before recall and the map worked perfect!
Cheers gordon

Webby-FR

Mate I am having the exact same issues. Seat have had my FR all weekend and can find no faults. Please advise what was done to correct your problems and is everything ok now.

I only use my car once every 3 weeks for work (wife uses it the rest of the time) and i have been using it this week and so far all seems fine so far mate.

I am however going to install the smaller egr valve as i've noticed some jumping whilst driving slowly in first gear .

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.