Wheel spacers - whats better?

F2 Ed

now has VAG com
Nov 5, 2006
www.superlite-wheels.com
I had wheel alignment done on the new cupra today & just reading the report has reminded me about the rear track being 42mm narrower.

Better bosh some 20mm spacers in

But the question is...

Spacer & long wheel bolts

or

Spacer that bolts to hub

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
There is a third option - convert to studs & nuts!

I guess it depends upon how often you change your wheels. I think spacer and longer bolts is the least favourable as when you offer up the wheel to the hub, the spacer can move independently to the wheel and the hub, so you can have a bit of fun lining everything up. That's why the front brake discs have that little screw in them, to stop them rotating.

The bolt to hub or conversion to studs - not much in it I guess. You'd need to price them up. I know the bolt to hub ones also potentially allow you to change stud pattern to fit other wheels.

I have studs & nuts front and rear - that's mainly because it makes changing wheels at track days an awful lot easier, but they also carry my spacers on the rear. Badger Bill can get the necessary bits and bobs.

Last edited:

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
if you were to buy 15mm spacers then you will have the longer bolts supplied, but if you go for the 20mm spacers then you get some bolts which bolt spacer to car then you bolt the wheel to the spacer. go for the hubcentric one`s and most of us who have them go for the delta mic`s! 20mm tend to be really close to the arch and if you are lowering the car then you may need to mod the arch`s slightly.

F2 Ed

now has VAG com
Nov 5, 2006
www.superlite-wheels.com
My white one has 20mm spacers and long wheel bolts

They arn't hub centric so wheel changes are ****ing anoying lol

My green one had 15mm spacers and long bolts, as did my black one.

I think with the red one i'll get 20mm spacers that bolt to the hub

Last edited:

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
If running 15" alloys and coil overs what spacers would people advise? 10mm front 20mm rear?

Last edited:

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
7x15, a set of second hand TSW alloys I bought, only other number on the back is 27, I'd be surprised if that's the offset thought as seems quite low to me.

Fisher

if you were to buy 15mm spacers then you will have the longer bolts supplied, but if you go for the 20mm spacers then you get some bolts which bolt spacer to car then you bolt the wheel to the spacer. go for the hubcentric one`s and most of us who have them go for the delta mic`s! 20mm tend to be really close to the arch and if you are lowering the car then you may need to mod the arch`s slightly.

If I get 20mm Delta Mics do you think I may have to mod the arch if I am lowered only 25mm.

Fisher

I've seen them on Motorsport World. They are Steel and will be pretty heavy. The Bilstein/FK/H&R ones are aluminium and keep the unsprung weight down as they are made from Ally.

PM me if you are interested in some Alloy Hubcentric spacers.

JacketJ

Jul 13, 2008
Hampshire
Yeah, I replaced a cheap set of ebay hubcentrics with some FK bolt to hub spacers and they were so much lighter. They did cost twice the price but judging on the quality were definately worth the extra cash.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise