Honeycomb grill

Feb 20, 2010
ipswich
Hi ya been looking at breakers and on eBay for one but all the cupras I find don't have them
Any one know what year Cupra I'm looking at for it
I want to do the conversion for my lcr

leoncupra2012

Mar 7, 2012
You mean you want to replace the 3 upper slatted grilles for honeycombe items to match the front bumper?

I always thought it looked odd, the normal cupra 180 had all honeycombe grills but the cupra r only has them in the front bumper but the upper badge grille and the ones either side of the headlights slatted looks odd, i didnt think you could fit honeycombe ones to cupra r front as there different sizes?

leoncupra2012

Mar 7, 2012
Its the older style cupra mate, facelift id say so? You had the normal cupra turbo with the crappy base spec bumpers with the strips in them, then you had the cupra 180 which had the honeycombe grilles, the fr tdis also had them. Post some pics up mate, intrigued by this, mine was originally a facelift 180 but someone fitted a cupra r front to it with slatted grilles :)

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
P1040694.jpg

I'll post the part number for you mate if your interested

This one is a better shot of the upper grills:

untitled-3165.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2010
ipswich
That last one is perfect mate let's you see it really well
Well just popped to seat and have ordered the side grilles

1mo 853 653g 79y was £38 plus vat

And they gave me 10% off that price

leoncupra2012

Mar 7, 2012
You didn't mention what the middle honeycombe piece. Was made from? And how do they attach to the bumper?? Glued on?? Defo bumper off job?? Ta tho mate :)

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
You didn't mention what the middle honeycombe piece. Was made from? And how do they attach to the bumper?? Glued on?? Defo bumper off job?? Ta tho mate :)

Definately bumper off job mate, just buy an FMIC and do both jobs at once ;)

Middle honeycomb came as a sheet off ebay, then I custom sorted it out :D

leoncupra2012

Mar 7, 2012
Can you not just cut the slats out of all of them and buy a sheet of honeycombe to match the bumper grilles and do it that way? be cheaper?