Clutch Pedal Snapped. GUIDE

smiffymk3

Jan 31, 2011
Aylesbury
guys need some help, i changed the pedal out and found the spring a piece a cake to refit with a few cable ties, having big issues with the whit clip tho.
i broke the old one when it all snapped, i took the new one out the new pedal as i couldnt get the master cylinder arm back into it while the clip was in the pedal still. so i tried putting it on the cylinder arm first to then pop into pedal once fitted but i cant compress the cylinder enough by hand to pop the clip into the pedal where it needs to be.
how the hell do i get the clip onto the cylinder arm then back into the pedal???????????

frustrated as i got it all sorted apart from this last little bit, and i cant drive the car until i figure this out

It is a bit of a faff, i used the cable tie method and it worked ok for me. What i did was wiggle the spring so it was roughly where its supposed to be, depress the clutch pedal and lined it up with where its supposed to be on the back of the pedal. I then let go of the pedal and checked to see if the other end was in its cubby hole. If it isnt, its just a case of depressing the brake pedal again and wiggling it about until it finally slots in

sheperd

Feb 2, 2009
middlesbrough
Had a go at this today myself as my white clip needed changing, all I can say is WOW what a right chew on, most awkward job ever hands are in in bits spent bout 5 hours messing about with this, anyone doing this next good luck to ya lol :)

BoostinHard

Flying @ 1.8 bar
Jun 6, 2012
Poole, Dorset
Could anyone confirm why yhe clip on the right hand of the brake pedal needs to be removed ? As i managed to get my clutch pedal off without removing the right clip, just wandering if this would have made life easier

Thanks
Tom

jw22

anyone for more bubbles?
Jul 24, 2005
Kent
The white clip only needs to be replaced if you remove the brake pedal, it does go through the hole on in the pedalbox.
Though I suspect that by the time some people get to that part they see the clip as an easy item to replace and the pedal is out of the way for the re-installation.

Lowry020505

My cupra's a LEMON
Mar 22, 2014
Warrington,Cheshire
I know I opened up an old thread,, but cant sus out why my clutch pedal is sticking right up in the air after doing this repair,, its way higher then the brake pedal, and also there is loads of travel on the clutch pedal,, anybody ever had this problem???

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.