FR TDi Owners, ever use Millers Additive?

jreedy

turbo'd ep3- Fr tdi leon
May 13, 2008
sheffield
done a bit more reading on the subject - all diesel has up to 5% bio-diesel in it, just morrisons introduced one that was somewhere near 30%. and the fuel pump/dpf doesn't like it too much.

is that like some sort of special edition one that will be clearlylabbeled (not that it is)

or does all morrisons diesel have somewhere near 30% bio-diesel?

Deleted member 73808

not sure on that, need to pop over to mozza for a look. might take a few days to get the time though! mrs-to-be is getting over-excited about getting married in 2014 and dragging me here, there and everywhere for wedding stuff. :(:)

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
not sure on that, need to pop over to mozza for a look. might take a few days to get the time though! mrs-to-be is getting over-excited about getting married in 2014 and dragging me here, there and everywhere for wedding stuff. :(:)

2014? better get a move on looking for wedding gear! not long now! ;):lol:

Deleted member 73808

2014? better get a move on looking for wedding gear! not long now! ;):lol:

don't i know it..... god knows how i'm going to cope with it in a years time - might be sleeping in the car quite often!

Websta

Apr 12, 2011
Another +1 here.

I always use it, mainly because i use supermarket fuel. But the difference is noticeable between having a shot or 2 in the tank and not. MPG is always higher when using it

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Another +1 here.

I always use it, mainly because i use supermarket fuel. But the difference is noticeable between having a shot or 2 in the tank and not. MPG is always higher when using it

I've just got my Leon this week, so I've been putting a bit of fuel at a time in to start with, as I don't want to put a full tank in, and then realise there's a problem and have to take the car back + a tank of fuel!

Give it a week and I'll put a tank in without Millers, then when it's empty, another tank with Millers, and compare :)

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Forgive me for asking a stupid question, but Millers EcoMax Diesel IS suitable for my 2010 CR FR TDi 170, isn't it?
I've just been told by someone it's not, but I'd swear to it that it is?

Cheers

Deleted member 74601

Forgive me for asking a stupid question, but Millers EcoMax Diesel IS suitable for my 2010 CR FR TDi 170, isn't it?
I've just been told by someone it's not, but I'd swear to it that it is?

Cheers

I emailed millers to ask them specifically as all of their literature says EURO IV compliant cars. They confirmed to me (and to a couple of other owners on Briskoda who've been using it no problems) that it was okay for cars with a DPF and EURO V compliant.

I've used it on four tanks so far with no issues. In fact, I've had less DPF regenerations using it.

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
I emailed millers to ask them specifically as all of their literature says EURO IV compliant cars. They confirmed to me (and to a couple of other owners on Briskoda who've been using it no problems) that it was okay for cars with a DPF and EURO V compliant.

I've used it on four tanks so far with no issues. In fact, I've had less DPF regenerations using it.

Thanks fella!:worship:

Deleted member 74601

Thanks fella!:worship:

No worries. If you're really interested, there is a cleaner that Power Enhancer sell, called BG244, which is supposed to be brilliant over one tank. It's pricey though, you're looking at about £20 for a tanks worth (well, for a 60 litre tank, but the Leon is approx 55).

The guys over at Briskoda think it's phenominal, and some of the before and after photos I've seen are great. Most people use that to treat once and then keep adding millers with every tank.

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
No worries. If you're really interested, there is a cleaner that Power Enhancer sell, called BG244, which is supposed to be brilliant over one tank. It's pricey though, you're looking at about £20 for a tanks worth (well, for a 60 litre tank, but the Leon is approx 55).

The guys over at Briskoda think it's phenominal, and some of the before and after photos I've seen are great. Most people use that to treat once and then keep adding millers with every tank.

I'll have a look into this stuff pal, cheers! Sounds pricey, but not as pricey as a DPF or set of injectors, eh!?

Deleted member 67732

less regeneration

i have used millers ecomax diesel additive for over 6 years now,[4 years in my s40 volvo] and definately found the engine a lot quieter, a little more responsive, and in general smoother running.
i now use it in my seat ibiza 1.6 tdi, which has a diesel particulate filter, and found that there are less regenertions taking place, millers confirmed it was suitable for engines fitted with the particulate filter, and did in fact reduce the soot levels.

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
i have used millers ecomax diesel additive for over 6 years now,[4 years in my s40 volvo] and definately found the engine a lot quieter, a little more responsive, and in general smoother running.
i now use it in my seat ibiza 1.6 tdi, which has a diesel particulate filter, and found that there are less regenertions taking place, millers confirmed it was suitable for engines fitted with the particulate filter, and did in fact reduce the soot levels.

Music to my ears :D. I've ordered it anyway. I plan to fill a full tank of just diesel, and then the next full tank add Millers, then compare!

Compo1

Jul 19, 2010
Use it in mine no difference to me at all MPG power or running wise. Ithink it has a placebo effect.

Will use it up and never buy it again, just stick with Shell is my opinion.

Last edited:

andymac123

May 26, 2009
Stockton on tees, North East
I swear by this stuff .... Had a mk4 golf ran it every tank and covered 80k miles taking the total miles to 160k and it still pulled ... Good mpg and no smoke... I'm currently putting this in my tank with the Leon

1 tesco tank and 75-85 ml of additive

Deleted member 74601

Use it in mine no difference to me at all MPG power or running wise. Ithink it has a placebo effect.

Will use it up and never buy it again, just stick with Shell is my opinion.

It definitely makes a difference to mpg, I gained about 3-4mpg when using it. Numbers don't lie ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members