Falken F-452 & Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tyres

sharples

Jul 6, 2011
Unfortunately after 15,500 miles my front tyres are now in need of replacement :( Ive been talking to a mate who runs a Stage 2 Leon Cupra who has recommended either a Falken F-452 or a Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta. Went out in his Leon at the weekend with the Falkens fitted and the car felt like it was on rails, however he rates the Vredestein tyres as even better. I’ll be honest and say ive never heard of them, anyone know if they are any good? His dad has them on an M5 and his brother on an S3 and rate them very highly.

Can get the Falkens cheapest for £67.20inc VAT from Camskill Performance and the Vredesteins for £84.95 from the same place, then just got to find a place to fit them.

Has anyone used either of these tyres? What tyres have people gone for other than the Pirelli P7’s that come on the car?

Cheers!!

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
i have the Vreds fitted to my Ibiza......amazing tyres!!!
they are great on dry tarmac......unbeleivably awesome in the wet!!!

my mate with an S4 uses them now as they were half the price of the pirelli's he had previously and he now swears by the Vreds!

sharples

Jul 6, 2011
sweeet, where did you get your from then Andy? Does the £84.95 seem reasonable before fitting?

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
yeah, i'm on my 2nd set of them now and the price is about what i paid!
first set were from CamsKill (i think), 2nd set i got my tyre fitter to supply them as he said he'd price match ;)

barneyblue

I had the Vreds on my MPS and they where awesome in both the wet and dry and will
be getting them once the tyres on my Cupra wear out.

B

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire

sharples

Jul 6, 2011
They're awesome! Loads of grip in the wet which has been too often lately! Really good in the dry as well, I would say they have more grip than the Pirelli P7, would highly recommend them, especially as they are so much cheaper than the P7's as well!

sharples

Jul 6, 2011
Also, they are no longer on the event tyres website so maybe they are out of stock now?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.