VAGCOM Request - Rotherham, South Yorkshire

varno

Hi there,

I have a Seat Leon 20V Turbo Cupra (1.8) '51 plate - the Diagnosis / Excess of pollution light came on a few days ago. Cleared out the air filter and cleared the error successfully (by removing the battery) but now the air-bag warning light now comes on (and stays on) after a few seconds. I think this might have been due to the ignition being turned on while the engine control fuse was removed?

Does anyone have a unit that could connect and reset / diagnose this error?

I live in Rotherham, so DazJohnson, I'm not too far away from you?

Hope someone can help.

DazJohnson

Not far at all, you should have PM'd me and I would have seen this quicker.

I'll be happy to help mate, I'm working 2pm til 11pm so I can do it anytime outside of them hours.

Unless you wait until next week and I'm working 6am til 2pm so free to do it on the afternoon next week.

varno

As I'm still a 'newbie' member of the forum, I don't have the ability to do PM's :(

Where would be best to meet? Do you pass by the M1 on your way to/from work? Can do either before 2pm or after 11pm if possible.

Cheers,

varno

What about the Holiday Inn, which is just off the A1(M), at J36 (just before the M18 interchange)? Is just off the roundabout. If that works for you on your route down tomorrow? Name the time.

Many thanks,

DazJohnson

If this needs to be done tomorrow I would prefer to do it after work (after 11pm) or Tuesday morning.

I could always leave earlier to do this for you tomorrow morning.

I will have to let you know tomorrow as to what I'm doing though.

varno

Could really be any day to be honest - if we could find somewhere convenient to meet between Worksop and Rotherham area. How long do you think it would take? (just so I can plan how long I need to escape the office for!)

BTW - my email address is [email protected] if that's easier!

varno

That could work for me too - whenever is best for you. Do you know the Red Lion pub, a mile towards Worksop on the A57 from the motorway junction? Looks like it's got quite a large car park.

Cheers,

varno

Certainly is! Running prefectly without any lights on the dash now!

Many thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.