Back in a Seat - Gezmeister's Seat Ibiza MK2 GTI Cupra Sport

Kempy0507

Looking good mate, will be much better with some spacers and maybe a colour change to grey or black or even white. I would suggest getting some lowering springs but i guess thats what you already have?

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Looking good mate, will be much better with some spacers and maybe a colour change to grey or black or even white. I would suggest getting some lowering springs but i guess thats what you already have?

Already lowered, yes, on springs but not sure by how much. Colour change is possible, but we'll see how things pan out with my running problems first

Kempy0507

Ah ok, maybe just the oem 'sports' springs. might be worth looking for some shorter lowering springs if funds arn't available for coilovers. Hopefully the running problem is an easy fix. If so and you paint the wheels i vote white ;)

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
There is something with aftermarket springs, you dont get the same lowering on a gti as you would on a 1.4 as the gti is roughly 15mm lower than a 1.4.

So a 60mm drop on a 1.4 would only equal a 45mm drop on a gti or a 45mm drop on a 1.4 would only equal a 30mm drop on a gti.

Im sure Dave_R (with the Throttle bodied valver) came across it when he was changing suspension.

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Couple of pics that got taken at Modified Live @ Snetterton on Sunday

DSC01140.jpg

IMG_3945.jpg

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Cheers man :)

Still not 100% happy with it, still havn't had a chance to machine polish it.

On a more positive note, car is running a bit better now i've changed the rotor arm, dizzy cap, ht leads and spark plugs, starts like a new car now :)

Oil and filter will hopefull be done by the end of the week too, but i still have the occasional cutting out, so more investigation is needed

LMJ

Previously CEY_CLS :-)
May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
Those you've listed above were all done on mine before I bought it. Seems a common little issue with them. Reminds me, my power steering squeals at me in reverse, need to change my auxiliary belt I think!

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Very Nice :). That car looks lovely glistening away in the sun [B)].

I really like those wheels aswell, they really suit the Mk2. Think you need the centres painted a 'stand out' or 'in your face' colour.

Cheers man. That idea is definitely in the pipeline ;)

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
No updates on the beeza, but i've taken some new shots today, plus it is wearing another set of wheels :D

Hope you like!

DSCN1840.jpg

DSCN1839.jpg

DSCN1838.jpg

DSCN1837.jpg

DSCN1836.jpg

DSCN1835.jpg

DSCN1834.jpg

DSCN1833.jpg

DSCN1832.jpg

DSCN1831.jpg

DSCN1830.jpg