New member from North London

chichee

Mar 11, 2012
Broxbourne
Hello all,

Just signed up as I am considering a new car. Currently, I drive a 206GTi, which has been really good to me over the past 4 years, but I think it is now time for a change.

Ideally, I am considering either a Seat Ibiza 1.9TDi 130 or the equivalent engine in the Seat Leon. My budget is around £3500-4000 (by the end of this month).

When looking at either models, are there typical faults, issues or problems that I should be looking out for? Service intervals? Cambelts etc?

Thank you in advance for any help and advice given!

Cheers,
Chi

chichee

Mar 11, 2012
Broxbourne
Have now purchased a SEAT Leon TDi 130 SE and have had it fully serviced and the dreaded cambelt changed by Volksmaster, Bury (Write-up of my experience a must), who were fantastic!

The car is awesome - relatively good performance when needed or desired and good fuel economy when on a long run.

Anybody local to Edmonton, North London who can do a VAG-com diagnostic for any potential faults? I don't mind travelling up to 15-20miles for it to be done.

matt-tsi

Matt-TSI
Dec 20, 2009
get some pics up of the car! glad to see your happy with it, ive been trying to talk a friend into one of them for a while now.
I travel over to north london now and then for the arsenal games!

monkee

Yes im naked in my avatar
Have now purchased a SEAT Leon TDi 130 SE and have had it fully serviced and the dreaded cambelt changed by Volksmaster, Bury (Write-up of my experience a must), who were fantastic!

The car is awesome - relatively good performance when needed or desired and good fuel economy when on a long run.

Anybody local to Edmonton, North London who can do a VAG-com diagnostic for any potential faults? I don't mind travelling up to 15-20miles for it to be done.

Look on yellow pages for a place called Edmonton Exhaust. They can run a diagnostic check on your car for and give you a report of what it finds. They are near Edmonton Green station

chichee

Mar 11, 2012
Broxbourne
I will try and get pictures up this week but with the ran being predicted, it might prove to be difficult.

Thanks monkee - I will google and have a looksie!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise