MPG on a FL Cupra

dangerousdriver

Old Newbie
Feb 8, 2009
West London
Hi guys,

What kind of MPG are you getting with your cars? I have a FL FR TDI remapped but bored of derv and not fast enough but mainly do about 20 miles a day across London so will be in traffic a fair bit.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
About 270 miles on a tank in the cupra. I believe the FL is around the same anyway. What colour is your FR by the way? I always see a while FL going down hillside in Harlesden and over the A406.

Last edited:

dangerousdriver

Old Newbie
Feb 8, 2009
West London
LOL, not at all but I have DEFO seen you then. Your car does look awesome mate.

Cheers mate, it does get a lot of looks being lowered and in white. The dealers keep calling me about this Bocanegra I was thinking of swapping mine for but I just dont whether i'll regret it or not! If you see me on the 406 give me a flash! What you driving now :)

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Cupra mate in grey with the BTCC kit on rolling on LM reps. New wheels on the way though....... will defo flash you if I see you. I leave for work early in the morning and am on the motorbike so chances are I wont see you. the boc is great and I can't knock it as I had one. Just the misfiring issues kept bothering me which is why I traded up. If you can get a 60 plate or later one you should be ok. I prefer the space of the leon though tbh and it is alot more tunable than the twincharged engine.

Last edited:

dangerousdriver

Old Newbie
Feb 8, 2009
West London
Cupra mate in grey with the BTCC kit on rolling on LM reps. New wheels on the way though....... will defo flash you if I see you. I leave for work early in the morning and am on the motorbike so chances are I wont see you. the boc is great and I can't knock it as I had one. Just the misfiring issues kept bothering me which is why I traded up. If you can get a 60 plate or later one you should be ok. I prefer the space of the leon though tbh and it is alot more tunable than the twincharged engine.

Nice! I like the BTCC kit was going to get it for mine but had the bumper vinyl'd black instead by the grill to make it look a bit more aggressive.

My mate had an Ibiza Cupra MK5 and said it spent more time in the garage than out but he probably just had lemon. I would go for a Leon Cupra all day long but I am buying a house so been put on a ban of spending money!! The idea was basically to chop the Leon in and do a straight swap for a Boca.

leontdi130

Jan 20, 2008
Euxton (Chorley)
I drove from the north side of Preston (lancashire) down to speed Karting in Warrington yesterday. I had loads of time so i just sat behind an Asda truck and my 08 plate Cupra did 42.7 mpg!!!!
Couldn't believe it so i took a picture of the dash!

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
I drove from the north side of Preston (lancashire) down to speed Karting in Warrington yesterday. I had loads of time so i just sat behind an Asda truck and my 08 plate Cupra did 42.7 mpg!!!!
Couldn't believe it so i took a picture of the dash!

That's good, what sort of speed and what distance did you do.

leontdi130

Jan 20, 2008
Euxton (Chorley)
I was doing 57 on the car speedo which is 55 on the sat nav the odd time I touched 70 to pass something. I did about 40 miles in total. The first 5 where on country roads. It wasn't the most eciting trip of my life!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members