broken door switch?

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
ive just bought a curpa tdi and when i open the drivers door the interior light doesnt come on and if i leave the door open for about 30 seconds the alarm goes off!
Does this sound like a broken door switch? If so is the switch all part of the door catch as i cant see a seperate switch anywhere else?

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
ok mate thanks.
Are they all the same on all ibiza's as i was thinking of getting a second hand one? Unless they are cheap new?

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves
no. theyre expensive i think around £100??? they wear out apperently so a second hand one may not last long also?

theyre is a guide somewhere on how to fit which looks like a pig of job (time consuming) the switches can also be repaired/replaced once youve got the mechanism off tho.

mine needs doing.....
be careful not to leave the keys in and shut the door as it will autolock your keys in!

Last edited:

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
no. theyre expensive i think around £100??? they wear out apperently so a second hand one may not last long also?

theyre is a guide somewhere on how to fit which looks like a pig of job (time consuming) the switches can also be repaired/replaced once youve got the mechanism off tho.

mine needs doing.....
be careful not to leave the keys in and shut the door as it will autolock your keys in!

Oh right doesnt sound much use getting a second hand one. I will have to find the guide and see what sort of job it is If someones got the link maybe you can post in here for me?

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
Thanks for the link mate i will have a look later. Will have to get a manual for it soon.

Last edited:

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
Thay are not cheap (£100 upwards). I think Seremotors on this forum are about the cheapest. Someone asked for a price and it was exactly £100. Dave from Sere asked whether it was for a driver or passenger door, so I suppose there is a difference. I don't know if there are other differences between the various models but I have seen the part number 3B2 837 015 mentioned before. Don't take my word for that though.

I need to do mine when the weather gets better as the door keeps relocking and the alarm can go off after a few seconds. As a work around you could try pressing the central unlocking button on the door as soon as you open it. This lets the car know that the door has been unlocked if the microswitch fails to do so.

Last edited:

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
thats a good idea i will try pressing the unlock button in the car when i get out. I dont want the alarm going off late at night waking my neighbours up like it did yesterday when i got home after buying the car lol.

Stokie

Mk3 Leon Fr184
May 24, 2010
Stoke
My drivers door suffers from this also, i have no plans in repairing it eitha, i can live without my interior light coming on for the repair cost off £100+ :lol:

But like said just make sure you dont leave the keys in the car or it will autolock them in the car & as said just simply press the central locking button on the door soon as you open the door then it wont lock ;)

racingsquirrel

Jul 25, 2011
Newcastle upon Tyne
That great thank.

Is the micro switch easy to get off the catch?

Yes.

As I remember it there is a piece of plastic attached to the microswitch with 2 locating studs just slice the end of these off and it pushes off the mechanism.

I actually just stripped the old and new switches down and replaced the button in the old one so I didn't have to bother soldering anything.

Or you can just flip the button round as it normally only wears on one side but I suspect the half a button would just wear twice as quickly.

Last edited:

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
Yes.

As I remember it there is a piece of plastic attached to the microswitch with 2 locating studs just slice the end of these off and it pushes off the mechanism.

I actually just stripped the old and new switches down and replaced the button in the old one so I didn't have to bother soldering anything.

Or you can just flip the button round as it normally only wears on one side but I suspect the half a button would just wear twice as quickly.

So if I replaced the microswitch would I have to solder it in?

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
Reviving this thread, has anybody else bought one of these switches off ebay? If so, how easy was it to purchase from Germany and was the swapping over of components easy? Most important of all, did it it work?

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
I still havent sorted out my switch yet. I bought a second had switch assembley and would like to replace the micro switch but Im not sure how to remove it.
I cant see the uk on the postage list on that ebay link. I found another seller but they didnt list postage outside germany!!

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
I still havent sorted out my switch yet. I bought a second had switch assembley and would like to replace the micro switch but Im not sure how to remove it.
I cant see the uk on the postage list on that ebay link. I found another seller but they didnt list postage outside germany!!
By going to the item via the ebay uk site the price for the switch is 5.39 euros (approx. £4.33) and the postage is 1.45 euros (approx. £1.17). I think I might buy a couple next week so I have a spare to practice the dismantling on or keep as a spare for the other lock if I need it.

I also found this video. It is terrible quality but I think it gives an idea of what is involved. It would be easier if it was in English!

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
From that video is it just a case of buying a new microswitch and taking the top part off and putting it on your original switch?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.