Jimski's New W.I.P - Ibiza FR TDi - Bumblebee Edition - ** Milltek Update - 21/03**

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
Does it do the 'hello pigeon' noise much on a gearchange?

Yeh like you, i dont want the 18" slash cut cherry bomb style noise AT ALL, just a nice, hello my car sounds lovely and goes well noise!

Its just that stupid 'pigeon in my boot - OOOOOHHHH' noise lol

Jimski

ummm...makes the pigeon noise when u change gear because you are coming of gas...but it really is not that loud!

it not loud at all comapred to a petrol system, just a bit throatier when you move off, and then the turbo spool when coming of the gas. Wouldnt worry too much sbout the noise, i hardly noticed any difference with the cat-back

Aimez

You don't 'need' to get it mapped, but doing so will bring out the best of what's been done/fitted

cool thought so, agree with knight85 description obviously in his vids he is revs the engine it is not like that all the time only if you boot it why I chose it would do my head in otherwise.

Come to the gathering 14th May and you can hear mine!! ;)

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Well i put some Osram Nightbreaker Plus in tonight, my god what a difference!!

Highly recommended!

Jimski

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
By the way you recommenced ace parts for LED sidelights mine lasted about 8 months maybe less and had blown, they sent me a new one for nothing thou

Hmmm, theres definately something iffy about the Ibiza electrics, my LED's were in my Leon for like 18 months, put them into the Ibiza and within a month they were flickering and eventually died!

Im just rolling with Xenon Style 501 Filaments, they match the Nightbreakers so its all good!

Do you change foglight bulbs from behind the bumper? I had a fight with the front grills after taking the screw out but it looked like they were gonna snap!

Jimski

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Enquired with insurance company BEFORE i ordered it, they want an extra £63 if the downpipe goes on.

I think they have just urinated on my carnival so to speak! As id not budgeted for that! So....will get the wheels refurbed instead haha

Thanks for everyones input.....

Jimski

Last edited:

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
Hmmm, theres definately something iffy about the Ibiza electrics, my LED's were in my Leon for like 18 months, put them into the Ibiza and within a month they were flickering and eventually died!

Im just rolling with Xenon Style 501 Filaments, they match the Nightbreakers so its all good!

Do you change foglight bulbs from behind the bumper? I had a fight with the front grills after taking the screw out but it looked like they were gonna snap!

Jimski

what LEDs do you have? been meaning to do that for ages?

for front fogs you can attack them from the front without the bumper off...i took the grills off...but just lamin-x'ed them with yellow tint...

gives it a more euro look in my opinion

shame about that extra cost for D/P

good to chat to you yesterday

Aimez

Jimski

no not bothered about them they are never used lol I fitted them as remember I used to have a face lift bumper so bought new fogs and was easy take the cap off the back.

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Well im still having trouble removing the front foglight grills, terrified of snapping them haha, so.....maybe il leave them well alone!

I think the next thing for me to do will be painting the calipers, and im thinking gloss black, as black and yellow is the bodywork theme (paintwork/mirror covers) and maybe do the side rubstrips in a gloss black too. I did consider something wacky in terms of colour, but....not a lot 'goes' with yellow!

And yes i know what your thinking about black calipers, but its different, and they will look 'tidier'.

I also plan to attack the 'S' centre grill with some black paint and a small amount of yellow to pick out the 'S'.

Catch can is on hold until i acquire some 15-16mm oil resistant hose.

And in terms of thinking outside of the box, i've got a spare air box 'in development'!

Jimski

Last edited:

Aimez

I think black caliper is a great idea like you keep a theme you can have 3 colours thou at most I think in a theme. I am gonna do my S badge (got a spare one coming) too and then fog light lenses.
Intrigued about the air box development wish I had a spare like many people the back clip /lug broken on my air box lol

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
It is dodgey when you first take the grille off if it's been on a while, theres a lot of different clips and tabs behind them

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Did my 'S' badge and the surround with Plastidip, not a perfect finish but got the desired effect;

IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

Jimski

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Its a nice finish, i'll report back in a week or two after its had some rain/bug juice and a couple of washes!!

Jimski