LCR W.I.P Update K04 Hybrid- F23 Here, mini review page 50

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
hello robbie, thats some really bad work and he is clearly a knob. i hate it when you go to a tyre place or something and the staff treat your car like junk, makes me mad. if you treat your car well then others should make the effort to do the same, ffs its not like you have a banger thats falling apart. anyway its a good update as i know the clutch has been bothering you for ages so now hopefully its sorted :)
congrats on the little one also :)

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Thanks SAM, this clutch is doing my head in, i reckon after a few more things to try the transmission will have to be dropped, bummer.

Do you reckon you'll break the 300bhp on yours next time you visit bill, what sort of timing are you running?

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
its going to be close i think. im seeing 232gs and thats with a faulty maf, i keep getting a fault code for it atm so will get a new one asap. timing wise is 2.25 i think but thats from my old old fmic setup. so with the new cooler and wmi there should be plenty of timing up for grabs + 230+gs its close :)

with the new cooler, im seeing 15ftlb more over the apexi and this was on a 15degree warmer day :) intake temps stay within 5 degrees of out side temps on power runs, really good stuff imho.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Well the order of today was to order a nice new DA31/044 style 305ltr inline pump & fittings courtesy of Bill, my poor little OE pump is getting some much needed help.The backround to getting this pump is i notice when i come on full boost (26psi) my fuel leans out, i can only figure my pump is struggling with the fuel rail pressure, this and running methanol & petrol my fueling is down in the 11's AFR, i need consistent delivery.

Last edited:

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
D2 Fitted, well impressed

Guys,

Fitted the D2's on Friday, it actually stopped raining long enough for me to get the job done, i swear i need to buy an electric impact gun, so of those bolts are welded on.

Here are my finding so far with the D2's

Pros'

• The look cool as fcuk.
  • Lots of documentation with them.
  • Very well packaged.(adds to the overall experience of the product IMO)
  • 36 way dampening.
  • Go super low.
  • Spring rate is not affected when adjusting ride height.
  • Surprisingly easy to adjust ride height.
  • Very quiet, no weird sounds like some coilovers.
  • Less body roll than my Pro-Street S, braking and turn in have also improved to my surprise, i thought it was good before but its better now.
  • Again surprising smooth, "as far as coilovers go", not as good as stock but if i wanted stock i won't put coilovers on, soft and low don’t go well together so they need
    to be stiff if you want to go low, i can just get my index finger between the wheel and the arch(maybe a bit to low, LOL) I have them set at 18 all round as soon as you lean on them in fast corners you can really feel spring to life, very responsive, i will try a stiffer setting in the next few days.
  • For the prise they are better than any of the other coilovers out there.
  • Serviceable.
  • Part of the BC franchise(well proven coilovers)

Cons

• You will need spacer as the strut will probably foul your tires.
  • There are no brackets for brakes likes or ABS wiring, more over they give you rubber grommets and strips of bendy metal so you can fashion your own brackets, which this is acceptable i feel they could go the extra mile and provide proper brackets.
  • Not very well known in the VAG scene(yet) reviews for VAG were hard to come by.

Overall they seemed to have transformed the car, i can't put my finger on it but it just feels so much better, not nervous like some suspensions setups, responsive, its feels like your very much in control, not floaty or bouncy, seems like the more you push them the better they get, i will try to put this into words in the next fews days

So my outcome is if you are looking for performance coilovers with all the above Pro's and don't mind a slightly stiffer ride setup these are for you, my mate has them on his 550hp trackday Subaru is equally impressed with them.

Mental note to self, buy a poxy impact gun, LOL.

Last edited:

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Interesting, would be good if you could do a review on what they are like on the track

I plan to do this next, if i ever get my clutch sorted out, but as mentioned my mate uses them and his pushes pretty hard on the track, he's hitting 1.2G in some of these corners

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yvz27nYQI8&

Turn up the speakers, nothing nicer than a 2.5ltr GT30 STI.

Last edited:

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
theres 2 ways give the cxnt a smack or chuck the old servo though 1 of there windscreens.
do the job your self and done right. still best lcr on here imo

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.