Aug 22, 2010
Bolton
yesterday i swapped my trusty fr tdi for this

20120430_195326.jpg

sent from my gt-i9100 using tapatalk 2

nice !!!

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
yesterday i spent a lot of time in bedford :) Alex at AKS tuning fixed my g201 ABS sensor jobbie and fitted the sachs uprate clutch :D can now put the power down which is nice.

had a few issues as we found out my car had never had a brake fluid change so tasked his to do that but the rear caliper wasnt playing the game couldnt get it undone. eventually came off but cross threaded. lucky alex had a spare all be it Green from a skoda :D fitted and back on the road

would defo recommend Alex and AKS tuning to any one really helpful guy and cracking prices.

he also fitted subframe shimes and bolts whilst he was at it.

cheers again Alex if you read this.

Lee

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Spent 3 hours on this:
Before:
b0ff434d-0797-fead.jpg

After:
b0ff434d-07d7-7907.jpg

Anybody mention the right height and I'll knack you...I want it lowered more than you do...

:)

Also quit the stumpy aerial club as reception was pants! Stock one back on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Spent 3 hours on this:
Before:
b0ff434d-0797-fead.jpg

After:
b0ff434d-07d7-7907.jpg

Anybody mention the right height and I'll knack you...I want it lowered more than you do...

I would like to do this with mine, what is the procedure required? What is needed? Also is it an off caliper job?

B1rdy

Jan 30, 2012
North West England
Spent 3 hours on this:
Before:
b0ff434d-0797-fead.jpg

After:
b0ff434d-07d7-7907.jpg

Looks miles better. Is this a 4x4? It's just the ride height makes it look like a landrover or summet (Hee Hee)

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
I wanna do this to my calipers too.

Does it void the warranty?
Is it hard to do yourself?
Is powdercoating better than spraying?
And how expensive is powder coating on calipers?

Did you get all that? :lol: sorry

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Looks miles better. Is this a 4x4? It's just the ride height makes it look like a landrover or summet (Hee Hee)

A comedian eh? That has just cost you a set of 18s and so Eibach ProLines.... PM for delivery details please :)

I wanna do this to my calipers too.

Does it void the warranty?
Is it hard to do yourself?
Is powdercoating better than spraying?
And how expensive is powder coating on calipers?

Did you get all that? :lol: sorry

Like needy toddlers...

Warranty: Not a clue, don't have warranty anymore, don't care :funk:

Hard: Nah! Depending on how you want to do it... lift the car, pull the wheels off, optionally pull the calipers off and get paintin'! Only a bit harder if you are going to take the calipers off and spray/powdercoat them...

Powdercoat vs spray: No clue...I went proper peasant style and brushed it on. Hammerite Smooth Red. Job done.

Powder coating price: No clue. Not entirely sure that the process entails to be honest.

My procedure...(don't use this, as I am one who seeks quick rewards regardless of long-term consequences)

1)Lift car and do all safety crap (axle stands, wheel blocks etc etc)
2) Remove wheel and put aside for an alloy cleaning jobbie while I wait for paint to dry :)
3) Spray cheapo Halfords caliper cleaner all over the place (don't get it in your eyes. hurts)
4) Quick rub down and rinse off
5) Get out the wire brush and start hackin and brushing away at all the crud till it's nice and smooth and no chips.
6) Clean again
7) Get paintin, I did 3 coatsm each 15 mins apart
8) Clean alloys and put back on :)
9) Wait impatiently till the paint is barely touch dry and drive around to show off your new "mod"

Optional:
Drive to car parts shop for a bottle of coolant because you realise that your coolant is 1/4 inch under the MIN line... :whistle:

PS... I didn't take calipers off so it's a good from far, far from good job hehehe suits me fine. Nobody's going to inspect my brakes.

Last edited:

Stonesie

Apr 28, 2012
Doncaster
Drove it back to SEAT after 4 days of ownership with a clattering from the rear (turned out to be a broken spring) and they're also fixing some other faults and giving it a service and valet, I got a loan car, a brand new Panda and its shocking. I've never had such a roley-poley ride in a car:rolleyes:

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Thanks a lot Shnazzle. I just had a good laugh at that :)
I'll have a look at powder coating, but will probs spray them in the end :)
cheers pal

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Drove it back to SEAT after 4 days of ownership with a clattering from the rear (turned out to be a broken spring) and they're also fixing some other faults and giving it a service and valet, I got a loan car, a brand new Panda and its shocking. I've never had such a roley-poley ride in a car:rolleyes:

A PANDA?! :lol::lol::lol: totally brilliant. i bet they watched you drive away in it whilst laughing.
Hope your car is better soon :)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
yesterday i spent a lot of time in bedford :) Alex at AKS tuning fixed my g201 ABS sensor jobbie and fitted the sachs uprate clutch :D can now put the power down which is nice.

had a few issues as we found out my car had never had a brake fluid change so tasked his to do that but the rear caliper wasnt playing the game couldnt get it undone. eventually came off but cross threaded. lucky alex had a spare all be it Green from a skoda :D fitted and back on the road

would defo recommend Alex and AKS tuning to any one really helpful guy and cracking prices.

Lee

Alex does my work now aswell

greyfloppyhat

Jun 14, 2011
Dublin/Belfast
Got my bumper and near side front panel smashed up :( On the plus side I'll now be getting my front bumper resprayed and freshened up.

£300 out of pocket, all because it's not worth risking the claim on insurance :(

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)

Lee

Haha, Alex was just saying you left with a green caliper :lol: Sussed who you are when talking to him, accepted you on Faceache :thumbup:

Last edited:

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
well I had a parcel today my team Heko wind deflectors arrived now fitted along with all the clips Bargain £28 for a set of 4 from Ebay shipped from Hungary absolutely spot on. No more rain p*ssing in when I open the window a little :)

matt-tsi

Matt-TSI
Dec 20, 2009
today we went to work, on the way home we ate an astra! now for dinner and possibly a wee drive later!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members