If you had a choice, what alloys would you like for your FR/Cupra/Boc???

• Thread starter Deleted member 49882
  • Start date

Quadrablast

Mar 24, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
On my black Leon mk 2 i had "Dezent RB dark" and loved them, so i would get a set of those again. Black rim but with polished/silver front. They arent all too expensive either..

Last edited:

Deleted member 49882

I would like good quality wheels that don't suffer the stone-chips that the standard ones seem to attract. I couldn't believe the size of paint and primer that has come off one of my wheels from what was probably a very small stone hitting the wheel. I have purposesly been driving very carefully in this new car, ie. not sitting on the bumpers of cars in frontnor ragging up back roads. Low and behold, for all the car that I have taken, I end up with chunk of paint coming off the wheel ... not one bit impressed tbh. Am calling into the dealership today and hope to have it sorted! Will report back on progress made.

If they won't fix it or repair, then I will have a good look at buying a completely new set of alloys that hopefully will not fall prey to the same defect as the standard wheels!

Rant over (sorry).

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Those S5 alloys look seriously tasty. Very similar to the FR alloys/the original concept ones. which along with the Saga optional ones are, for me, the only ones i've seen which suit the car.

If i could justify a set, they're the ones i'd have in a flash, but atm I can't quite reason £600 odd when the car has perfectly round wheels on it already.

Deleted member 49882

So, back from dealer. Bottom line is, the damage is 'impact damage' caused by a stone ... Therefore, not covered under warranty. Have to see about a refurb and / or new alloys. Disappointed though :(

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members