Better handling please

Bobbymk1

Apr 24, 2012
Recently bought 2002 seat Leon cupra ( previous car mk2 golf) I love it as seriously quick with mods and map , but it's only fault is round the bends oversteer ??? Now it has fitted coilovers all up rated front bushes and anti roll bar , but they don't like being pushed full on into corners so I'm thinking u guys and girls will no tricks of trade on this car so help me out cos I love it but just want more in the corners

Bobbymk1

Apr 24, 2012
Lol yes understeer , rear arb it is then , check a few track cars on here as well as do recall seeing rob dons at knockhill few years back make decent track weapon and daily

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
The best thing you could fit to reduce understeer is an LSD. They are an underrated mod and I can't belive they are not fitted more as our cars are crying out for them! When my gear box came out the first question I asked was "how much to fit an LSD". fit one and understeer will be massively reduced if not a thing of the past. Do it!

Double-6s

Mar 25, 2012
Hove (Brighton)
The best thing you could fit to reduce understeer is an LSD. They are an underrated mod and I can't belive they are not fitted more as our cars are crying out for them! When my gear box came out the first question I asked was "how much to fit an LSD". fit one and understeer will be massively reduced if not a thing of the past. Do it!

Agreed.

Fitted an LSD to my 3.2 Alfa and it transformed the car. It would actually pull you onto a tighter line through fast corners rather than washing wide.

Brilliant mod.

What sort of money are they for leons?

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Yeh had mine fitted while the gear box was out being repaired. It was a no brainer really. The grip levels are amazing and like you said there's so much grip when on the move. I fitted a rear ARB at the weekend and with the too mods combined it feels like my old Subaru. Brilliant piece of kit I would highly recomend the Quaife ATB.
I just can't belive it's not higher up on peoples to do lists when you can have one fitted for a similar price to a turbo back exhaust and cheaper if you having a new clutch fitted. As most places will fit it at no extra cost if you haveing a new clutch.
I love the way my cars driving now. I'm pushing it more and more and still can't find the point when it starts to understeer. It's getting to remap time I think!

MalcB

Quantock Hill Billy
Sep 13, 2011
Taunton
Yeh had mine fitted while the gear box was out being repaired. It was a no brainer really. The grip levels are amazing and like you said there's so much grip when on the move. I fitted a rear ARB at the weekend and with the too mods combined it feels like my old Subaru. Brilliant piece of kit I would highly recomend the Quaife ATB.
I just can't belive it's not higher up on peoples to do lists when you can have one fitted for a similar price to a turbo back exhaust and cheaper if you having a new clutch fitted. As most places will fit it at no extra cost if you haveing a new clutch.
I love the way my cars driving now. I'm pushing it more and more and still can't find the point when it starts to understeer. It's getting to remap time I think!

Ah another Ex Scooby driver. Just sold my 350 BHP WRX and now getting used to the Leon.:whistle:..................... LSD and ARB are definately on the cards!!!

Last edited:

vwdom

Apr 26, 2011
rothwell,northants
i've got a quaife atb in my mk2 vr6 its brilliant i am really missing it in my lcr. the only thing i've noticed is that they can catch you out if your pulling out of a junction turning left or right it just catapults you exactly where the wheels are pointing its a weird feeling the first time you do it lol

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
i've got a quaife atb in my mk2 vr6 its brilliant i am really missing it in my lcr. the only thing i've noticed is that they can catch you out if your pulling out of a junction turning left or right it just catapults you exactly where the wheels are pointing its a weird feeling the first time you do it lol

I know what you mean. When I first drove the car I remember excellerating hard in third gear out of a left hand bend. I nearly hit the curb on the left hands side as it gripped so much harder than I was used to. Also get the pull of torque steer every now and then just to let you know it's working. I love it.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Ah another Ex Scooby driver. Just sold my 350 BHP WRX and now getting used to the Leon.:whistle:..................... LSD and ARB are definately on the cards!!!

That's a big change! I had a my99 uk turbo. It was a run out model with a few STI bits on it. I had some mild tuning done by TSR in Nottingham. I love'd it but the fuel usage was killing me using it for work. Optimax as it was then (v power now) was a whopping 98p a ltr!
I bought a brand new MKV Golf GTTDI. That wad a sad drive home...
What state of tune is your Leon?

MalcB

Quantock Hill Billy
Sep 13, 2011
Taunton
That's a big change! I had a my99 uk turbo. It was a run out model with a few STI bits on it. I had some mild tuning done by TSR in Nottingham. I love'd it but the fuel usage was killing me using it for work. Optimax as it was then (v power now) was a whopping 98p a ltr!
I bought a brand new MKV Golf GTTDI. That wad a sad drive home...
What state of tune is your Leon?

Yes it was a BIG change. I had the Scooby fully forged and stroked to 2.1 by EngineTuner in Plymouth. Had it for 3 years fancied and a change and the Leon Cupra (180) was a cast off of my son's, who now has an LCR. I took it into TSR (Bridgwater) for a Stage 1 REVO only to find it was already chipped:confused: so they couldn't do the REVO. Need to get the chip removed and then I can move forward:D

Double-6s

Mar 25, 2012
Hove (Brighton)
Can get a peloquin kit from a place called boraparts.com for 550 quid plus shipping/import tax if they notice it.

That's a bargain.

Last edited:

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Yeh you won't go wrong with a Quaife I've very impressed with mine. They're standard kit on the last two Focus RSs for a good reason. Also buy British and keep our economy going rather than put money into the US economy.
http://www.quaife.co.uk/Differentials
http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=32789&xSec=356
Start a thread in the Awesome section I'm sure they'll do fitting at a good price. You could also have one of the SMF and clutch kits fitted at the same time. Slippery slope Lol

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise