I now have my xenon headlights... fitting???

sykes1990

Feb 27, 2012
leicestershire
Well i have now had my new headlights delivered and and just got to get them fitted, just a few things im concerned about..

do i have to use the bulbs that are in the projector because i have the bulbs but no ballast and was just thinking about fitting a HID kit??

the power plug doesn't just fit straight in but I've found an adaptor on a website, is that all i need??

... and i no about the law, having washes and self leveling but not bothering with any of that.

sykes1990

Feb 27, 2012
leicestershire
Got the pair for £360 all in with the bulbs just not the ballasts, got the function for auto leveling etc but just going to blank it off with a aluminium plate :)

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Kufatec adaptors are normally what people use.

You'll also have to get some ballasts that'll fit the bulbs used in the Xenons, try ebay etc.

Not sure whether they'll need coding, but have a search as this has been covered extensively.

sykes1990

Feb 27, 2012
leicestershire
Yeh ive found them adaptors, is that all i need to get power to the lights?? i know i need a ballast for the headlights but can't find any, only in America :/

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
It should do, I'm pretty sure the bulbs aren't D2S because the D1S has the ignitor attached to the bulb where as the D2S doesn't. Those ballasts are designed to fit in the gap underneath the headlight. I'd have a look at my standard Cupra ballasts, but I can't see an easy way to get to them short of taking the bumper off.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.