Adam's 2003 Ibiza. FACELIFTED, Coilovers, BBS Split Rims!

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Thanks mate :)
They're 17 inch.

Some pics from today, de-stickered rear window..
Untitled-1.jpg

Can see bumper damage here. Also got x2 Audi centre caps for the rear wheels atm..
IMG_5655.jpg

Found where it's rubbing on the front.
IMG_5657.jpg

Lowering the back some more later today.

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Cheers mate :)
Coils are all the way down on the front and 2/3rds the way down on the back. Tried getting the back down yesterday but couldn't loosen the cogs, somehow they're insanely tight..
Can't really go lower on the front as the wheels aren't tucked, so it'd be constantly rubbing and as far as the back is concerned, I might get 20mm spacers and look into like -1.0 camber or something if that's possible, because it's not as low.

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
I wouldn't lower the back anymore than it is now if the front can't go lower. You could roll the arches a little or try narrower tyres when those get worn out

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Don't want to roll the arches mate, but am definitely going with the 185/35/17 tyres I initially wanted when I next need some new rubber.
The back end has not rubbed a single time since getting the alloys on so it can definitely go lower. The rear end looks higher than the front end and I don't like it, want to balance it more.

lucamalaspina

Hey man, just joined this site after seeing this post, may I ask where you got the coilovers from and what make they are? I could do with some advice on buying as I'm fairly new to the car game. Your ride is looking sweet by the way!

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Hey man, just joined this site after seeing this post, may I ask where you got the coilovers from and what make they are? I could do with some advice on buying as I'm fairly new to the car game. Your ride is looking sweet by the way!

Ah cool. I actually haven't been on this site for months! Should probably update again as the car has changed so much from my last update. I actually bought the coilovers from Tom (above). You can get them brand new for around £180 though so not too bad at all. Venom Motorsport will sell them I think but lots of other places will too. Thanks for the comment :) I see you're in Lincolnshire too. Should get done pics of your ride up.

lucamalaspina

Ah cool. I actually haven't been on this site for months! Should probably update again as the car has changed so much from my last update. I actually bought the coilovers from Tom (above). You can get them brand new for around £180 though so not too bad at all. Venom Motorsport will sell them I think but lots of other places will too. Thanks for the comment :) I see you're in Lincolnshire too. Should get done pics of your ride up.

What new stuff have you got for her? ahh yeah, I was looking into AP's but theyre about 400 a set and ive paid 1800 out for my insurance which has left me almost completely broke... haha I bought some standard 16" ibiza alloys off ebay for 200 to replace my 14" steelies but it turns out even with decent enough clearance in the arch, it seems to scrape on bumpy roads-.-

but yeah I read somewhere that I need to write a certain amount of posts before I upload any pics but I passed my test today so I can take the whip out to take some arty looking photos of it ready haha. :)

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Little Hulton, Manchester

Lad.. Get some pictures up.. No excuse ;)

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
New stuff

Well it's been a long time since I've posted here but due to demand here are pics to show the differences since about 7 months ago..

GTI International 2012
303613_10151239872947785_875419524_n.jpg

IOC meet at ***** performance
iocmeet.jpg

(Rolled 83bhp which was impressive seeing as it's 9 years old and should only have 74!)
Also note the Cupra rear end, which was fitted just before Inters.

My mrs went and passed her driving test and made an obvious choice of car ;)
thetwoibizas.jpg

I picked up some winter wheels..
winterwheels.jpg

Rear end got wound as far down as possible.
246741_10151188872533139_1228944477_n.jpg

Got a custom cat-back exhaust fitted

Door handles were eventually colour coded, pink hawaiian garland purchased too!
308833_10151267164600845_292434756_n.jpg

Random
IMG_7349.jpg

Photoshoot time for the IOC magazine (front numberplate recess colour coded)
IOCphotoshoot2_zpsac7c8ca7.jpg

IOCphotoshoot3_zpsf1a84055.jpg

IOCphotoshoot.jpg

IOCphotoshoot4_zpsc0a06bca.jpg

IOCphotoshoot5_zpsf14d2009.jpg

Bought these for the other half's car. Paid half for them as a christmas present for her, now she needs coilovers before they're fitted
LensoBSX_zpsf5a66e76.jpg

And bought these for myself as a project but now cba to get on with it as they won't fit my car
RHtoplinespurchased_zps8b11b418.jpg

And hit 89,000 yesterday on the way back from picking up the Lenso's. 1k until she's in her 90's :(
IMG_0034_zpscdc55e4c.jpg

And that's about it. Helper springs out soon hopefully. Arches may need rolling. Stretched tyres will be bought for the 17"s. Watching lots of wheels on various websites as I'm becoming a bit of a wheel hoe. Wanting the front end and bump strips smoothed in 2013. Also I bought some 15mm and 20mm Eibach hubcentric wheel spacers for the winter wheels but didn't get pics of the spacers themselves. Going to see how they look with the 17"s on them, hopefully will be flush or will have a tiny bit of poke.

Aside from all this I've just been keeping the car anally clean.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
£500 plus postage. 2 Piece BBS RX504 split rims, polished lip with powdercoated silver centres.

In other news my RH's arrived today. Shinier than I was expecting actually. Laquer peel as I already knew too but isn't terrible, will need a refurb anyway if I decide to keep them.
Just a little dirty atm but after a clean should look better.

If I do keep them I'm going to need some serious stretch (like 195/40/16 tyres) and the only way they'll physically go on the car will be with 5x120 adapters, the minimum track for these being 20mm as I can find. So the offset will be -10 I think...

IMG_0037_zpsf08927bd.jpg

And what they should look like on the hub compared to my current wheel setup..

wheelimagephp_zps0802ef65.gif

Fail

lucamalaspina

Have you claimed any of these mods on your insurance mate? As soon as I added coilovers and aftermarket alloys onto a quote it boosted it up by £500!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members