Boot De locking

Mk2IbizaBoy

I'm wanting to De lock my boot but I've never challenged such a thing??? whats the easiest way to do such a thing as I don't have the faintest idea where to start... Please remember mine is a 99 mk2 1.4.. Or can anybody recommend a place near me in Manchester to do the job??

Deleted member 32025

I'm pretty sure somebody has posted about this before, they were going to use a custom central locking system which was linked to an actuator to unlock the boot. That's about all i can remember though, I'd try doing a good search on here because loads of stuff has been covered and not many people post stuff up anymore

Heidi

I'm doing this in a couple of weeks so if you haven't done it by then I'll take some pics of how I did it.

Mk2IbizaBoy

Heidi you live right near me so forget pics you want a job :) Ive done all the door handles already it just the boot an well you know same as me living in Manchester may as well put a neon sign above the boot saying please open :) like a shite magnet on an electro coil lmao

Heidi

haha ill see how hard it is to do first!
its not that bad!

gonna try and relocate my boot lock into the seat badge, like on the never ones, try and get a flip badge and hide the lock inside it.

Mk2IbizaBoy

hmmmm I wanted to be a bit more creative

I used to have a focus an i was thinking perhaps summit that like that. just on the inside of the car????? like locating a release to one of the spare elec window buttons I wanna smooth the tailgate and get rid of all the nasty ugly seat badges if I can!!!

Done all the front end already did that within a day of owning the car like that has just got to go....

Heidi

you got any pics of your car?
ahh i see your going for a proper smooth look..
what to turn one of your blanks into a boot popper?

Mk2IbizaBoy

got lots but no clue how to post on here lol

you never seen it about????? T reg silver 5 door :) it doesnt go slow unless the police are following me :)

Yeah all I want it color coded in I'm sick of looking at the black pieces everywhere.. I'm doing the mirror covers this weekend...

Yeah thats what I wanna do :) Just aint sure how easy It's gonna be linking a cable to the excsiting boot lock and posting thro to the front end and gettin it to work :/

Heidi

no, where abouts in manchester are you?
haha get them uploaded! theres a guide in faq's..
ahh itll be easy :p haha. i did mine on my old mg, it just requires patience.

Mk2IbizaBoy

easy is always the word until you start :) lol patientce hmmmmmmmm good word lol.

I'm in rochdale always about in oldham, manny, rochdale, bury, bolton god knows where ever it'll take me lmao

where abouts are you? and what is you've got?

Heidi

ahh thats why then.. im at the other side.. stockport.
got a mk2 cupra.
ill keep my eye out for you!

Mk2IbizaBoy

Ahh I was up there a couple of weeks ago giving my legs a stretch ;-) befor it sounded like the head was gonna blow lmao

will prob see you about... when you gonna post some pics then :)

Heidi

ive just put a couple up.. in the readers ride section.. haha i go through chadderton a few times a week to the m62 so if i see you ill give ya a wave!

Mk2IbizaBoy

Looks tidy imressed ;-) Ive had some goons giving my side a panel beating near the petrol cap at the good old asda car park :) gotta love the ******* lol

where get the exhaust done an what ya pay ? mine'll take a few more week yet tho engine rebuild full new brakes and alloys has killed the funds :-(

Heidi

cheers buddy :D
the trick is to park as far away as possible haha!
i got mine done at zorstec in bradford, they are really good at what they do. theyre not cheap, cant remember what i paid for mine, but you get what you pay for imo.

Mk2IbizaBoy

Yeah since my extra few free dents I park in the furthest spot.. but I always seem to get the noob that has to park right next to me no matter where I park :mad: generally some tit in a BM thinking his cars better till I vanish :-D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.