52 LCR Leak (Not Door Seals)

jay87

May 4, 2007
Hi guys,

I've got a weird leak on the 52 LCR, ive re-sealed all the door seals and the front drivers foot well is still getting quite wet.

I've noticed its dripping from around where the bonnet release catch is, (on to the plastic trim).

Any ideas guys?

BEEFYGTI

Nov 20, 2004
Port talbot, south wales
Search mate. Lots of info. Search for " leak above pedals" there is possibly a leak from the bonnet release grommet, or a gap in the bulkhead seal. I had a slight leak from the same place. Turned out to be a seal around a black electrical box next to the bonnet release grommet . You need to remove the scuttle panel, wipers to get to it and use some burtyl seal to do the job correctly

ozzymyster

Jun 27, 2010
Search mate. Lots of info. Search for " leak above pedals" there is possibly a leak from the bonnet release grommet, or a gap in the bulkhead seal. I had a slight leak from the same place. Turned out to be a seal around a black electrical box next to the bonnet release grommet . You need to remove the scuttle panel, wipers to get to it and use some burtyl seal to do the job correctly

Above advice will prob be your problem...check ur windscreen is leaking either...

BEEFYGTI

Nov 20, 2004
Port talbot, south wales
This is what I needed to seal.
d4b78037-6e11-ab5c.jpg
m Took off the foam then re-sealed with burtyl stuff

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members