Matt's Red Ibiza FR TDI on RHs, with added plywood and plastic :)

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Matt how do you get samples for the yellow fog lights?

Sam.

I did use some window tint sample that I found on ebay to start with but it didn't stretch like vinyl even with the heat gun and had to crinkle to fit over the shape of the light.

I have lamix now, but I'd probably just buy some cheaper stuff from a UK seller on ebay if I was doing it again. My bro did for his car and it's fine.

If I go to le mans this year I may do my headlight yellow for laughs

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Ibiza's been a big neglected lately, although I did get some pressed plates for my Dad's car and gave it a quick detail for his birthday:
img2012042800005e.jpg

Not looking too bad for 6 years old with 117k on the clock :)

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
those wheels are gorgeous mate!

what colour are they? are they powdercoated or painted? getting mines powdercoated at the end of the month and was thinking along the lines of this colour.

They are a colour the place I got them done had mixed together themselves, which is nice that they are pretty unique but annoying that I can't touch up any stone chips perfectly.

If I was doing it again I'd get them powdercoated for the extra durability and then lacquer aswell to give it some depth and extra gloss

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Had it's first clean in about 1 month:
th163941er.jpg

I got a few funny looks at the petrol station when I turned up to use the jet wash with:
- bucket
- shampoo
- lambswool washmitt
- 2 drying towels
- few microfibres
- quick detailer
- glass cleaner
- tyre shine

Got these on order, should be coming at the end of the month:
396147_2212987944564_1843523102_1387205_53663728_n.jpg

(vroomtshh's picture)

kenny_fr

Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow
where'd you get the oil & coolant cap from if you dont mind me asking? thinking the coolant one would go nicely with my R8 oil cap.

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Shhhh don't tell everyone haha

They were pretty cheap - around £20ish each, the group by was £36 for the pair. They ended up on backorder from Porsche with all the orders though so they might have gone the same way as LCR splitters and PD160s and be about £60 now! lol

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Get your windows done matt :) can't wait to lower mine!

Tints are on the list for some point! I might check what the front windows already, then get them done to the max of the limit as I cba with police bother. Not been pulled since having this car which is surprising, nearly 2 years now :)

I had what can only be described as car height anorexia and I could not look at it without being like ergh 4x4. I still fancy a bit more lowness, but dont like when the arch goes over the wheel rim so might get some 16s

phillpotts92

Buy Cheap, Buy Twice! :D
Oct 2, 2010
Bristol.
www.seatcupra.net
Yea I think mines like a tractor ATM lol! 16's are good but they're a tad small. I always wanted 17's when I had my old car cause to get it to look decent you need to go impractical low! The windows as you have them ATM on the fronts are as legal as allowed as your not allowed to tint the fronts at all! The rears can go as dark as you want but looks stupid so I went for midnight on rear and light smoke on front.

Sam.

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
I was thinking 16"s because my bumpers are no where near the floor and the tyres occasionally rub :(

This is what I'd like it to be more like:
image-16.jpg

phillpotts92

Buy Cheap, Buy Twice! :D
Oct 2, 2010
Bristol.
www.seatcupra.net
Yea but on these pd130 engines the sump is soo low you won't get it that low without a shallow sump fitted. Trust me it's a pita too because remember how low my 1.2 was and that couldn't get over speedbumps! It was a right pain when I went somewhere I didn't know and there was bumps everywhere, I literally had to roll over them cause the lower engine mount would scrape the bump and I actually was stopped dead once because it wouldn't go over! It's more hassle than its worth hence why I'm not going as low but having 17's on instead lol

Sam.