VRSLOZ's MK2 Skoda Fabia vRS - Powered By TMC & ITG @ 211.6 BHP

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
After my puncture incident the other day I decided it would be worthwhile to get 4 new tyres rather than just replace the front 2. I decided I wanted some Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta after rave reviews on tyre sites and other forums........and the fact they look pretty good ;). Only problem was no-one had any stock of them, I tried 3-4 places and there was just no stock anywhere.

I finally found some on LoveTyres.com but I wouldn't be able to get them until early next week and I needed them fitted this weekend. After a bit of bartering I managed to get them to send me the tyres on a Saturday delivery. I got up early yesterday just incase they turned up, 8am came, 9am came, 10am came, I was starting to get a little nervous. I then received a phone call from John @ LoveTyres saying they had been received at their warehouse in Hitchin instead of being delivered directly to my house. Not a problem as it's only the next town over and he said he would bring them to me. Ten minutes later he was at the door with the tyres in hand!

mod1.jpg

mod2.jpg

Soon enough I had them in the back of my car and ready to take to a friends shop to have them fitted.

mod3.jpg

Soon enough I went from this :

mod4.jpg

To this :

mod5.jpg

First impressions are that they are a lot more grippy than what I had previously, obviously they are only just wearing in so I will come back with an opinion in a few months.

With the tyres fitted I thought it was about time to get the Whiteline RARB on the car, only problem I had was the rear suspension bolts that seemed to be tightened by Superman! After a lot trying and forcing I gave up and drove back to my friends shop so he could loosen them for me. After that it was pretty much plain sailing.

mod6-1.jpg

mod7.jpg

mod8.jpg

mod9-1.jpg

The car seems to feel a little sharper but again I will report back once the tyres are bedded in so I can confirm or deny! Decided to pop down to Southend in the evening so got the car washed and waxed :)

mod10-1.jpg

mod11-1.jpg

mod12-1.jpg

mod14-1.jpg

And added a new sticker added for my friends business.

mod13.jpg

The ARB seemed to be knocking last night so today I spent time checking it all over and making sure nothing was touching. It seems to have stopped now thankfully.

Now.....what to do next!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Good choice of rubber there mate :)

Love the fact part of your decision was they looked nice ;) Haha.

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
Ok a little update on the new tyres and RARB......

I am blown away, the difference with the 215s and the RARB fitted is night and day. I'm not sure if it's one more than the other or a combination of them both but it's the best money I have spent recently on any car.

The car did seem better after dropping it 40mm but now it feels so pinpoint and tight. Taking corners at any speed now is a pleasure to do and the car feels spot on. Body roll and leaning has been eliminated :).

Might sound like I am bigging these products up but I really do think the handling on the car is now spot on and I couldn't be happier!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Gotta love a rear ARB :)

Certainly noticed the improvement in 'pinpoint' turn in with the LCR when my Eibach RARB went on. Great mod.

Mar 13, 2010
Did it come with 215's as standard, that is what i wanted to hear, may have to pick myself one up.

Mar 13, 2010
Mine came on 215's, i thought your would have been the same :S

The list of mods im wanting keeps going and going, this year is going cost me lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.